DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles and Ipad at the same time?

SteveCA

Reactions
Can the goggles be used simultaneously with an IPAD? I haven't figured out a way to do it and presume that it is not possible, which is a non starter for me as I am the one doing the flying but flying blind when the goggles are in use by a friend. I have line of sight but still need to see the wide range of information to fly safely, like battery%, orientation, altitude, etc.

I'm seeing a lot of buyer remorse with the goggles. I think most people would have a better flying experience if they used the money on an ipad instead of googles.

Reactions: Leo_S
I started out of the box with goggles because i wanted my brain to grasp that perspective and learn that way. I have now had the Mavic Pro and the Moverio BT-300 goggles about two weeks. I finally got the goggles fully working a couple of days ago and I love them. I rarely look around the image projection now to look at where my drone is...I see in detail everything it sees. If I were to describe the image I would say it looks like 70" TV screen across the room. I do not have the issues of trying to see an ipad screen on a really bright day. Since I have flown that way since day one I really have no comparison...but I really like the goggles.

Reactions: dannyw777
I concur with SARrider about the Moverios. IMO they are the way to go if you want the FPV experience without compromising LOS. Plus they are far more versatile than the DJI goggles, since they also enable augmented reality and 3D virtual reality viewing, in addition to movie watching, web surfing, etc. And finally, it doesn't look like you have a small kitchen appliance strapped to your face. :)

The Epson appstore has an app called Mirroring360 Airplay, which enables mirroring your iPad screen on the glasses. I don't have an iPad to try this out, but it seems like you can connect your iPad to the Mavic controller and then mirror that screen to the Moverios. That may solve the OPs problem. I'm tempted to get an ipad mini to try this out.

Can the goggles be used simultaneously with an IPAD? I haven't figured out a way to do it and presume that it is not possible, which is a non starter for me as I am the one doing the flying but flying blind when the goggles are in use by a friend. I have line of sight but still need to see the wide range of information to fly safely, like battery%, orientation, altitude, etc.

Yes, i use iPad mini 4 and dji goggles. Informations of goggles are complete, but sometimes i push up the goggles over my head and see the video on iPad. When i land i use iPad not goggles.

I got it to work after a complete re-initialization/activation of the goggles. Mine were bought used and already activated.

Goggles IMO are hands down the choice for me, bright sunlight or reflections in the ipads distract from a gorgeous flight. And with the gimbal tracking the shot or video is more available.
Bravo! I concur. You can have that sun glare. The goggles are the only way to "see it all"

Hi Steve

Can you please tell me how to do this? I bought my goggles used and I’m having the same problems. I can’t seem to find the answer anywheres. Thank you
First of all the goggles have to be paired with the controller using the instructions they come with. Before flying, just start up the regular way with the iPad connected to the controller with a USB cable. Then start up the goggles and both the iPad and the goggles will be connected.

First of all the goggles have to be paired with the controller using the instructions they come with. Before flying, just start up the regular way with the iPad connected to the controller with a USB cable. Then start up the goggles and both the iPad and the goggles will be connected.

Can you confirm that both the iPad and Goggles work together with the Mavic Air? I was under the impression that it was one or the other? Don’t own the Goggles for this reason, if you could have both on the Mavic Air I would order straight away, interesting to fully know before spending the money on the Goggles. Thanks

I thought I just answered this but here we go again. The iPad is not seen any differently by the overall system to an iPhone. I always use the goggles with one or the other. I never fly with just the goggles. The operation of the Goggles is exactly the same with the iPad and without it. The operation of the iPad is exactly the same with or without the Goggles.

Reactions: Paul Argent
I thought I just answered this but here we go again. The iPad is not seen any differently by the overall system to an iPhone. I always use the goggles with one or the other. I never fly with just the goggles. The operation of the Goggles is exactly the same with the iPad and without it. The operation of the iPad is exactly the same with or without the Goggles.

When using both the iPad and Goggles as you say, does one have priority of the actual control settings over the other?

Lets say I want to fly using my iPad as usual, but hand my daughter the headset so she can have a bird’s eye view......

Would I have to worry about her pushing buttons or using the mouse pad to screw with the flight modes while I’m trying to maintain control?

On the same note, if I was flying with the headset on and wanted to flip them up to check my surroundings and LOS for safety, would I be able to switch to my iPad instantly for all controls, both flight and camera?

When using both the iPad and Goggles as you say, does one have priority of the actual control settings over the other?

Lets say I want to fly using my iPad as usual, but hand my daughter the headset so she can have a bird’s eye view......

Would I have to worry about her pushing buttons or using the mouse pad to screw with the flight modes while I’m trying to maintain control?

On the same note, if I was flying with the headset on and wanted to flip them up to check my surroundings and LOS for safety, would I be able to switch to my iPad instantly for all controls, both flight and camera?
Anyone?

A two finger swipe on the google pad will lock the pad until unlocked with opposite two finger swipe. Lock and hand them over.

Reactions: Haugen87

Yes, the iPad is always active and available.

I had always thought the goggles and the ipad did not work at the same time. Thought I saw a video about a work-around and it looked complicated with the need for additional equipment. But the other day I noticed both had visual so maybe it was the process of starting the ipad first that did it. Stoked!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost