DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles and Ipad at the same time?

I use the ipad (2017 and 18) ones with my goggles and they have always both had video that worked well together. Goggles should be the last thing to start and pair up. Good luck !

Reactions: sonof40
Omg. My goggles are sitting at my front door right now. They were just delivered. Problem is, I'm at work until 730ish.(sunset!)
I can't wait to get home anyways and get ready for tomorrow! Today is my Friday... I have the next three days off! Whoop whoop!!
I'm definitely planning on using them with my iPad mini 4 that I purchased just for the Mavic Pro.

I thought I read somewhere that wirelessly the goggles had limited flight distance... Did that mean flying wirelessly (the slider on the drone itself set to wifi) or does that mean wirelessly connected to the controller? I never fly wifi..

I'm assuming I can fly as far out using the goggles and the iPad connected to the controller (GPS) as I have been able to do so far without the goggles!!

Last edited:
Update :

Got home last night and my goggles were waiting on me. Unboxed them and charged it all up and went to bed.
This morning I attached them to my surface pro running Assistant 2 and they updated to the current firmware.
I then was able to link them to the mavic but they wouldn't activate. Grr.. There's an option to activate thru the app but sitting outside I just couldn't make it happen. My iPad mini 4 is only wifi so I thought maybe I should Hotspot my phone so it could activate... That didn't work either.. .
I had spent about only 15 mins outside with the sun beating down on me before I started cussing out loud .
Took everything back inside and then connected the controller and iPad to the mavic as it sat on my desk AND THEN I attached the USB cable from the goggles to the computer already running Assistant 2 and the first thing that popped up was a prompt asking if I wanted to activate. Heck yea I want to activate! Took about 10 seconds and I started seeing new screens and menus in the goggles. Took it all straight outside and I think it's running perfect!!!! It's only 11am and I've got the next two days off! I'm about to go fly like a crazed madman! It's looks awesome! Standing in the sunlight I saw zero light bleed and see SO MUCH. This is awesome.

Reactions: sonof40
Update :

Got home last night and my goggles were waiting on me. Unboxed them and charged it all up and went to bed.
This morning I attached them to my surface pro running Assistant 2 and they updated to the current firmware.
I then was able to link them to the mavic but they wouldn't activate. Grr.. There's an option to activate thru the app but sitting outside I just couldn't make it happen. My iPad mini 4 is only wifi so I thought maybe I should Hotspot my phone so it could activate... That didn't work either.. .
I had spent about only 15 mins outside with the sun beating down on me before I started cussing out loud .
Took everything back inside and then connected the controller and iPad to the mavic as it sat on my desk AND THEN I attached the USB cable from the goggles to the computer already running Assistant 2 and the first thing that popped up was a prompt asking if I wanted to activate. Heck yea I want to activate! Took about 10 seconds and I started seeing new screens and menus in the goggles. Took it all straight outside and I think it's running perfect!!!! It's only 11am and I've got the next two days off! I'm about to go fly like a crazed madman! It's looks awesome! Standing in the sunlight I saw zero light bleed and see SO MUCH. This is awesome.

What a way to leave us hanging!!

Ha. I'm definitely enjoying my goggles. I finally figured out how to get the imperial measurements I wanted.. It's a strange fit around my head but it works fine.. I ordered a case for them. I don't taking them back or hardly even flying without them.. I'm just now figuring out how to adjust the shutter to let more light in thereby increasing brightness....thats a fine line though between 'brighter' and 'washed out.' Lol.
There's just so much to learn with the camera and editing and I'm absolutely in love with all of it.
I'm treating it so super careful, though. I don't carry my MP upside down or straight down or up in a bag... I carry it always parallel to the ground. Lol.. I already lost the 5d button on the controller. . Lol. I don't use it though so it hasn't effected me yet... But I carry the MP in the exact same peice of foam it came in, I just slide it into a camera bag. It sits perfect. But now with the addition of the goggles which are about as large as Texas, I'm having problems finding a good way to travel with it all... I bought a case just for the goggles off of ebay and if I can find another top loading bag, I'll put the mp and the goggles in it..
All in all, I love this set up.

Omg. My goggles are sitting at my front door right now. They were just delivered. Problem is, I'm at work until 730ish.(sunset!)
I can't wait to get home anyways and get ready for tomorrow! Today is my Friday... I have the next three days off! Whoop whoop!!
I'm definitely planning on using them with my iPad mini 4 that I purchased just for the Mavic Pro.

I thought I read somewhere that wirelessly the goggles had limited flight distance... Did that mean flying wirelessly (the slider on the drone itself set to wifi) or does that mean wirelessly connected to the controller? I never fly wifi..

I'm assuming I can fly as far out using the goggles and the iPad connected to the controller (GPS) as I have been able to do so far without the goggles!!
Goggles have no impact on the distance the Mavic can fly.

Assuming those running a phone/tablet as well as goggles are using a Mavic Pro and not a Mavic Air?

I can see the wireless connection working with one wired controller, but not two wired controllers (as would be needed with a MA) as only one port seems to be allowed to run at a time.

I am now updating a month later...

Those damm goggles are a tank. No issues.. No problems.. Stupid controller has the 5d button popping off of it but I absolutely love the goggles. Yea they're big and annoying but you just can't find a better error free match with your MP and the DJI Goggles. I like the look of the Epson but, please. .. Every (weekly) firmware update handicaps anything not manufactured by DJI It seems

Very happy with the goggles and I highly recommend trying them...

I am now updating a month later...

Those damm goggles are a tank. No issues.. No problems.. Stupid controller has the 5d button popping off of it but I absolutely love the goggles. Yea they're big and annoying but you just can't find a better error free match with your MP and the DJI Goggles. I like the look of the Epson but, please. .. Every (weekly) firmware update handicaps anything not manufactured by DJI It seems

Very happy with the goggles and I highly recommend trying them...
What sort of range are you getting with the goggles before the image breaks up?

Is the rage better with the goggles disconnected?

What sort of range are you getting with the goggles before the image breaks up?

Is the rage better with the goggles disconnected?
Sorry about the late reply... I just got off work.

I have NOT reached a threshold where I lose transmission quality... I've only gone close to two miles out at about 125 to 200 feet up with NOTHING between the controller and the mavic. I'm pretending I'm flying a kite. At all times I've maintained full satalite bars and full controller bars and nzero problems with the goggles.

Questions? Where do you live to be able to go 2 miles out and 200ft up without any interference? And do you use the map in the goggles to come home? I just received my Re goggles. Do you use a range extender on your antennas? Thanks for any help . Chuck

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54