DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles and Mavic 2 - What is your experience?

Magnifying lenses like reading glasses ground to your prescription for optimal viewing at 18 inches would be optimal. They would be cheaper than regular eyeglasses since they wouldn't be bi-focal, tri-focal, or progressive (you wouldn't want various parts of the glasses to have different focal lengths since all parts of the screen are the same distance from your retina) but they would be more accurate since they would accomodate the diopter correction for each eye (very likely the two eyes are different) and would accommodate astigmatism (again, each eye likely to be different) if you have that. For my part, I already know that I have no astigmatism and that my correction is the same for each eye within 0.5 diopter, so off-the-shelf readers work fine for me. If a person has a big difference in correction between their two eyes, they would likely find the blurriness in one eye vs the other to be very noticeable in the goggles at that short focal length.
Thanks so much for all of your input. My birthday is coming up soon so I know what I will ask the little woman to get me. After I have them I will try the readers but ultimately I will either have my optician make some in my prescription of get some lenses that fit inside.

FWIW, I bought a pair of of the DJI lens inserts and put them in this afternoon.They were $29, came from Adorama via Amazon. I bought them at 4.5 diopters and found them to be quite precise, much more so than the cheap reading glasses I bought. Those worked pretty well, but I noticed some fall-off in focus at the edges and they did prevent me from seeing the entire screen, and one lens would ground just a little different from the other. The DJI inserts fit precisely over the goggle eyepieces and are held in with a friction fit. They're $29 compared to $49 for the Focus Fixers. Both eyes are very crisp and I can see the entire goggle screen. They fit both the White and the RE goggles. Definite winner and greatly enhances FPV flying.

Reactions: Camino Ken
FWIW, I bought a pair of of the DJI lens inserts and put them in this afternoon.They were $29, came from Adorama via Amazon. I bought them at 4.5 diopters and found them to be quite precise, much more so than the cheap reading glasses I bought. Those worked pretty well, but I noticed some fall-off in focus at the edges and they did prevent me from seeing the entire screen, and one lens would ground just a little different from the other. The DJI inserts fit precisely over the goggle eyepieces and are held in with a friction fit. They're $29 compared to $49 for the Focus Fixers. Both eyes are very crisp and I can see the entire goggle screen. They fit both the White and the RE goggles. Definite winner and greatly enhances FPV flying.
Thanks for the update. Did you buy them from the DJI website directly? How many diopters beyond your prescription did you get? Can you get different diopters for each eye? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks for the update. Did you buy them from the DJI website directly? How many diopters beyond your prescription did you get? Can you get different diopters for each eye? Sorry for all the questions.
The Goggles came from Amazon. The lenses I bought also came from Amazon, shipped from Adorama. You have to buy the DJI lenses in pairs, 4.5 diopters is about 1 -1.5 diopters above my correction for that distance. The Focus Fixers can be bought individually but at about $27 each, as opposed to the DJI lenses which are $29 for the pair. Before buying these things, you should know your prescriptions. Although I had said the distance for correction should be at 18 inches, I note that Focus Fixers says 9 inches. I had originally said that 4 diopters corrected well at 18 inches, I bought these DJI lenses at 4.5 diopters and they are better than the 4 diopters I had originally bought. 4.5 diopters works so well for me that Focus Fixers recommendation at 9 inches may be more correct.

The Goggles came from Amazon. The lenses I bought also came from Amazon, shipped from Adorama. You have to buy the DJI lenses in pairs, 4.5 diopters is about 1 -1.5 diopters above my correction for that distance. The Focus Fixers can be bought individually but at about $27 each, as opposed to the DJI lenses which are $29 for the pair. Before buying these things, you should know your prescriptions. Although I had said the distance for correction should be at 18 inches, I note that Focus Fixers says 9 inches. I had originally said that 4 diopters corrected well at 18 inches, I bought these DJI lenses at 4.5 diopters and they are better than the 4 diopters I had originally bought. 4.5 diopters works so well for me that Focus Fixers recommendation at 9 inches may be more correct.
Thanks. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience.

........If a person has a big difference in correction between their two eyes, they would likely find the blurriness in one eye vs the other to be very noticeable in the goggles at that short focal length.
Due to an eye injury, I have a 2.5 diopter difference. I buy 2 pairs (Dollar General) of identical readers with the different diopters, then just swap lenses between them so that on one pair each eye has the correct diopter. Costs me about $20, way cheaper than prescription.

Thanks for your input. I am leaning heavily toward the white ones since I have no interest in racing. Actually I doubt I would be any good at it because of poor reactions due to ..... uh uh ... experience.
Experience, right Ken I get that. I'm getting more experienced all the time! :cool:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS