DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles: Are they worth it???

Alasas

Reactions
Hi all,

I’ve been an avid drone guy for about 10 years now and I currently own the Mavic Pro.
I have never used any type of goggles for flying before but always been intrigued by it.

I am interested in the DJI Goggles but I am not sure if they are worth the purchase.

What is it that you like about them when paired with the Mavic?

Does it give you the sensation of being in the air?

Is the dual use of the goggles worth using such as connecting to cable box, PlayStation, etc?

Or is this just a thing you use for a few flights before the novelty wears off and then you wanna sell it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Flying FPV is really an ‘out of body’ experience. It’s really weird at first until you get used to it. You feel like you’re floating above the world when you look down and see yourself on the ground. I love it. To me the Goggles are worth every cent. I spent over $400 or a set of Fat Sharks a few years back. The DJI setup is so much better there is no comparison. Whether you get tired of them is up to you. For me they are a real ‘E’ ride.

I posted the same question a couple weeks back when they had the $100 off for the goggles. I'm not sure if they still have the coupon available but I went for it and my first experience has been great. Occusync with my Mavic Platinum Pro works very well and haven't had any issues whatsoever. I also have the Spark and it is supposed to work with that as well and right now I'm still toying with it although you have to use a USB/Micro USB cable with it. In either case, so far so good.

Reactions: waddellw
I got some that should be here tomn :) I want to feel that experience too :) also I see it this way if I understand this right.. the gogles connect to wireless meaning not thru phone or tablet so with that being said if the phone/tablet crash I should still have video feed thru the goggles :)

I bought the dji goggles. They are definitely cool. They have more features than other goggles when it comes to the dji drones. The connect wirelessly to the RC. So you can have your phone still connected. They can completely control the gimbal. If you look left and right or up and down. The camera moves seamlessly with your head movements. You can also set them to control the movement of the drone. The other way is to just use them to view the same as your phone. The only downsides I had were they were heavy to wear. They look goofy wearing them in public. And they aren’t cheap. If you buy them you can always return them after a couple weeks if you aren’t into them. So no loss. Why not try em?

I got some that should be here tomn :) I want to feel that experience too :) also I see it this way if I understand this right.. the gogles connect to wireless meaning not thru phone or tablet so with that being said if the phone/tablet crash I should still have video feed thru the goggles :)

Yes. I have flown many times without any phone or tablet attached. And when I have the goggles on, the video feed is there.

Yes. I have flown many times without any phone or tablet attached. And when I have the goggles on, the video feed is there.

The coolest thing is being able to control the gimbal movement. Especially since it can move left and right with the goggles. Unlike when using a tab or phone where you only get up and down. And it’s seamless. Instantly moving wherever your head goes.

cool that's what I thought I think that is a good thing to have! cause we all know phone/tablets crash at some point in time :(

Reactions: Unc and waddellw
Thanks for all the replies all.

But has anyone tried watching a film or using them on a gaming system?

I have not but my son was asking me about using it on his xbox 1s ( whatever its call...lol) if it has hmdi out then it should work on it

But you need 20 20 vision, a fairly small hat size, and a spotter to use them as they come...have both, like the Moverios much more. I consider the dji goggles unsafe for most usage. The inversion factor is surreal for sure, but not when flying alone.

Reactions: ReadyKilowatt

Great for flying with but while watching film or playing a game you can get eye fatigue. I watched a few things over 30-60 minutes and it can bother your eyes after a while.
Definitely worth the money for flight but I’ve only used it for hdmi input less than 10 times and I’ve had them for 10 months.

Reactions: Howcroft22
But you need 20 20 vision, a fairly small hat size, and a spotter to use them as they come...have both, like the Moverios much more. I consider the dji goggles unsafe for most usage. The inversion factor is surreal for sure, but not when flying alone.

You do not need 20/20. Even if you wear reading glasses they fit right in. Or you can put the magnifying lenses that are meant for it in. And the goggles are adjustable to a very large size. I can wear a winter hat and it still has a adjustment left. I haven’t used the moverios personally but they are a different animal. They are a lot more $ and I’ve Read mixed reviews. That being said. They do look less ridiculous to have on in public.

Reactions: Brandaloo
It’s more of a personal choice. Either way it’s a totally different experience than just using a phone or tablet.

my came in today ( weather is bad here so I cant fly ) but I did get them linked and WOW I have a feeling being up in the air 150 feet its going to look amazing!! if you are afraid of heights you may not want to get them! lol cause I have a feeling its going to be something once I can fly :)

Reactions: Kilrah

when you didn't have your phone or tablet hooked up was you limited on the distance that you could fly? I thought I was reading some where if you are not login into dji you will be limited to distance you can fly?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM