DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI goggles focus problem

I am a senior pilot and love the goggles, it's just that they are never quite in focus, a sharp picture is one of their main attractions and i would dearly love to use them with a clear sharp focus. I have purchased 6 pairs of reading glasses from +1.5 through 3.5 besides the reading glasses I usually wear. The +3 reading glasses give me the best picture, but alas, it is still out of focus. I have ordered a pair of adjustable glasses and a pair of DJI focus fixer + 3.5 lenses because my prescription is + 2.5. I hope one of these measures will help. I am so bummed I do no even feel like flying my wonderful mavic pro anymore until I can figure out this goggle focus problem because once you have used the goggles view nothing else compares for me. I have been flying my mavic pro for only one year. Do any of you more seasoned pilots have any advice?
Thank you very much,
Tim
I see pretty good but the prescription of +1 help a lot. Since many of my friends use reading glasses and love to see through the Goggles all have different prescriptions. I went to the Pharmacy and bought cheap throw away glases +1 ...al the way to +3.5. So I can lend them to my friends. It is also noteworthy that most of my friends need a stronger prescription with the goggles than they use for reading glases, approximately +0-75 to +1.0 So if they use normal prescription of +1.5 the ones they see best with my goggles is a +2.25 or +2.5 So be aware about te snap on glasses as the prescription might not be the one you need. Go to a Pharmacy with the Goggles and look at the Demos included with the Goggles or your futage before buying the snap on glases.

I see pretty good but the prescription of +1 help a lot. Since many of my friends use reading glasses and love to see through the Goggles all have different prescriptions. I went to the Pharmacy and bought cheap throw away glases +1 ...al the way to +3.5. So I can lend them to my friends. It is also noteworthy that most of my friends need a stronger prescription with the goggles than they use for reading glases, approximately +0-75 to +1.0 So if they use normal prescription of +1.5 the ones they see best with my goggles is a +2.25 or +2.5 So be aware about te snap on glasses as the prescription might not be the one you need. Go to a Pharmacy with the Goggles and look at the Demos included with the Goggles or your futage before buying the snap on glases.

I did the same thing, bought a few pairs for friends and keep them in the goggles kit. My goggles are pretty much used just for ride alongs anyways as I usually fly alone. My friends (all 60 and above) use the +2.5 and +3.0 mostly.

The lenses for the reg and racing goggles are pos corrections for reading glasses....+2, +2.5, +3.0, etc. All the lenses for the FPV goggles are for nearsighted people that need help with distant vision. The DJI lenses are -8.0, -6.0, -4.0, -2.0.

It seems everyone has a different reaction to the lenses. For me, they don’t work probably because of my stigmatism. For most of us with those kind of issues, only a custom lens would work and I have read reports where some have done that successfully.
I’ve had the same issue with Dji goggles. I use a 1.5 reading lense so for the goggles I use a 3.0. It is almost clear but not quite. I have a cheap pair of Fpv goggles with an adjustment for vision and they work great. Not sure why Dji couldn’t have done something like that. But then again most of their products are just almost good, pardon my English.

Have you tried add some extra padding to the goggles so that the lenses are further away from your eyes.

I also assume you have adjusted the IPD correctly

1594785824997.png

Have you tried add some extra padding to the goggles so that the lenses are further away from your eyes.

I also assume you have adjusted the IPD correctly

View attachment 107860
That makes no difference. it seems I can’t get close enough so adding distance with padding won’t work for me.so it’s ok but really not acceptable when you pay so much for dji products and have to supplement with glasses.

I sent my prescription to rho-lense for help getting corrections in my goggles from Mavic but im still not clear how the lense works.
I don't have the lenses or the goggles (next on the list of toys), but it's basically a lens that will snap into place, directly in front of the screens in the googles. If they can process your prescription, you can wear the googles without your glasses.

I sent my prescription to rho-lense for help getting corrections in my goggles from Mavic but im still not clear how the lense works.
I have had the RhoLens for about a year now and as anotherlab mentioned, they just press onto the existing eyepieces. Very convenient and work great.

Reactions: anotherlab
I really appreciate the reply. What i need to know are those lenses simply substitutes for my glasses or do they take the prescription and improve the vision. I can see ok with my glasses but iI could use a slight improvemen ?

I really appreciate the reply. What i need to know are those lenses simply substitutes for my glasses or do they take the prescription and improve the vision. I can see ok with my glasses but iI could use a slight improvemen ?
Complete substitute/replacement for your glasses. When you take the goggles off you need to put your glasses back on. A bit of a pain when you periodically flip the goggles up to look at the phone/tablet screen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair