DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles Operating Frequency Question

Srcrain

Reactions
Several questions related to both DJI goggles (white and RE) and the Mavic and Mavic 2.

- Do the RE goggles use Occusync or Occusync 2.0? Didn't they launch before Occusync 2.0 was introduced? If they do have Occusync, how can they work with both the original Mavic and the Mavic 2, since both use different Occusync versions? The remotes are not cross compatible, how can the goggles be? So if the goggles use some type of wifi instead of Occusync isn't it going to be nearly impossible to get the same range on the goggles that you can get through the remote and mobile device? Maybe the best we can hope for is range similar to the Mavic Air when using the Mavic and Mavic 2 with either goggle?

I would love someone with a technical background to help explain this to me. Thanks.

Several questions related to both DJI goggles (white and RE) and the Mavic and Mavic 2.

- Do the RE goggles use Occusync or Occusync 2.0? Didn't they launch before Occusync 2.0 was introduced? If they do have Occusync, how can they work with both the original Mavic and the Mavic 2, since both use different Occusync versions? The remotes are not cross compatible, how can the goggles be? So if the goggles use some type of wifi instead of Occusync isn't it going to be nearly impossible to get the same range on the goggles that you can get through the remote and mobile device? Maybe the best we can hope for is range similar to the Mavic Air when using the Mavic and Mavic 2 with either goggle?

I would love someone with a technical background to help explain this to me. Thanks.

A tiny bit off topic but a warning to Mavic 2 owners looking to buy the Goggles RE. The truth is that the Goggles RE may connect to the Mavic 2 but only have a range of around 500 metres at best . . . Pretty well all Mavic 2 users are having issues with the Goggles RE & Mavic 2 & while DJI knows of the issue from the many complaints from its customers (at least as far back as September) , they refuse to acknowledge it as " a known issue" & are offering all kinds of "fixes" including switching to 5.8GHz & using the pagoda antennae which gives you another 100 metres or so . . .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser