DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles question

Im assuming they work with the Mavic pro 2. Question i wear glasses are the goggles adjustable for glasses? And in cold weather will they fog up? Does the drone camera move with you head movements?
Works with MP2
They will fit over glasses without adjustment.
You can set to move with head.
They can fog up.

Reactions: Crashdummytest
And an observer is needed who is close by (only normal voice untransmitted and unamplified amplified) in order to maintain VLOS and watch for other potential problems...

Reactions: Gindra
I have a M2P and the original white goggles and yes they work great together. Depending on your prescription glasses can be a bit tricky. If standard readers can work for you, your good to go. You may need to get separate reader type glasses which are about 1-2 diopters stronger than your regular prescription. They would not work for me because I need bifocals, actually progressive, and I could not get the whole screen in great focus. I ultimately found this company in Germany that made a pair of inserts custom to my prescription and they work perfectly.

I actually prefer the inserts over separate glasses because it is one less thing to juggle. You can get inserts from a couple of places, direct from DJI, or from focus-fixers In the case where standard reader will work for you.

Let me know if you have other questions. I spent a lot of time researching all of the vision options for the goggles.

Reactions: Gindra
Let me know if you have other questions. I spent a lot of time researching all of the vision options for the goggles.
Okay I have progressive contacts in, right now I can see distance great and my contacts let me focus up to 6" but no nearer...give or take...even with readers I can't get focus closer than 3". Would they work for me?
What would DJI googles give me in feature set? Head tracking? Any really cool or even nice features... I presently use Zeiss Cinemizers on my HDMI out on a SC, Aircraft = M2Z.

X2 on the Focus-Fixers. Works great and they stay attached in the goggles.

I have a M2P and the original white goggles and yes they work great together. Depending on your prescription glasses can be a bit tricky. If standard readers can work for you, your good to go. You may need to get separate reader type glasses which are about 1-2 diopters stronger than your regular prescription. They would not work for me because I need bifocals, actually progressive, and I could not get the whole screen in great focus. I ultimately found this company in Germany that made a pair of inserts custom to my prescription and they work perfectly.

I actually prefer the inserts over separate glasses because it is one less thing to juggle. You can get inserts from a couple of places, direct from DJI, or from focus-fixers In the case where standard reader will work for you.

I wear glasses but see ok in the rang of 6 inches to about 4 inches would in need reader glasses from the pharmacy I don’t know what the distance from my eye to the screen is maybe you can measure it somehow.

Okay I have progressive contacts in, right now I can see distance great and my contacts let me focus up to 6" but no nearer...give or take...even with readers I can't get focus closer than 3". Would they work for me?
What would DJI googles give me in feature set? Head tracking? Any really cool or even nice features... I presently use Zeiss Cinemizers on my HDMI out on a SC, Aircraft = M2Z.
The effective focus distance of the DJI goggles is around 9 to 12 inches so if you can focus at that distance or slightly less I think you are OK. I don’t know much about the Cinemizers but based on a very quick look at their website a few things stand out. The goggles have a completely closed design for a potentially more immersive experience. The cinemizers say a equivalent 40 in screen while the goggles say 100 in. (Edit: 216 inches at 10ft). You can either control the yaw or just the gimbal with the goggles and you can see all of the telemetry info similar to the Go4 app. Oh, and the goggles cost about half.

Last edited:
I wear glasses but see ok in the rang of 6 inches to about 4 inches would in need reader glasses from the pharmacy I don’t know what the distance from my eye to the screen is maybe you can measure it somehow.
The goggles effective focus distance is somewhere around 9 to 12 inches with the internal lenses (not the inserts). The actual distance is only a few inches. If you can focus at 6 inches you should be fine.

Got the RE goggles I see pretty good but I would like some small % improvement how do I find out about the inserts?
You can get them from DJI or focus fixers for simple diopter correction. I got mine from this place.

i sent them my prescription and they made them to order. Works great.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore