DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJi Goggles recording

Vic14

Reactions
Dumb question, what’s the purpose of the recording button in the Goggles menu? I’ve tried taking photos and videos With these buttons, nothing is recorded on the Goggles sd card

It’s my understanding that the goggles SD card slot is for playback only, it does not record to an onboard SD card. Weird, but apparently true. You can take the SD card from your drone and insert into the goggles and watch the videos you’ve recorded and if I remember correctly it’ll only playback in 720p.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong. I just got my goggles and haven’t used them yet but I’ve read everything that I could find about them.

KD

Last edited:
Reactions: Vic14
Recording on the goggles may not be a great idea anyway. You would be recording the streamed video, which is always lower quality than what the Mavic captures on the onboard SD card.

Reactions: Johnnyaibo
Recording on the goggles may not be a great idea anyway. You would be recording the streamed video, which is always lower quality than what the Mavic captures on the onboard SD card.

It would be nice to grab the flight data from the goggles and use it as an overlay (like what I did with this video)

It is the only option I have used so far.
But I can recommend p.19 section g) of the DJI Goggles Racing Edition user manual, which is freely available on the net, where video saving to the goggles is described. I just haven’t used this option yet, so I cannot give you proven insight.

Having this same issue. The goggles place a bunch of folders on the mini usb stick so it has to record video there. I did grab the stick from the Mavic Pro and put it in the goggles but you have to copy the files to the folders created by the goggles before you can view them. There's got to be a better way.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS