DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles v2 question. Before Goggle's come.

silverdragon

Reactions
I have farsighted vision. Is there an adjustment for that in the DJI Goggles like in the Avagant Glyphs Goggle's I have?

Last edited:
Any suggestions on where to get the inserts 1.50

Reactions: Camino Ken
Any suggestions on where to get the inserts 1.50
First of all, I am assuming you are talking about the regular goggles and not the fairly new FPV goggles. I have no idea how those address vision correction. If you are asking about the original or RE versions then there are a few options. You can buy them from DJI directly or from a company called focus-fixers, or I think there are others. This is just for basic vision correction. I should note that you need about 1 diopter more than your normal correction due to the fact that most vision tests check at a distance of 16 in (40cm) and the effective focal distance of the googles is somewhere around 9-12 in. If you have more complex correction , I.e. an astigmatism you may something beyond just a diopter correction. I have some custom made inserts for a company called Rho-lens. You send them your prescription and they make the inserts to match.

First of all, I am assuming you are talking about the regular goggles and not the fairly new FPV goggles. I have no idea how those address vision correction. If you are asking about the original or RE versions then there are a few options. You can buy them from DJI directly or from a company called focus-fixers, or I think there are others. This is just for basic vision correction. I should note that you need about 1 diopter more than your normal correction due to the fact that most vision tests check at a distance of 16 in (40cm) and the effective focal distance of the googles is somewhere around 9-12 in. If you have more complex correction , I.e. an astigmatism you may something beyond just a diopter correction. I have some custom made inserts for a company called Rho-lens. You send them your prescription and they make the inserts to match.

So other words if my normal readers are 1.50 then do I get 2.50 inserts for the goggles?

Last edited:
Is there a concrete answer to this. I need to know what to order so when I use the new DJI FPV goggles I can insert the right lenses. As mentioned My readers I use are +1.50. Do I have to perform a different test to determine which inserts to buy?

Last edited:
If you already own the goggles you can take them to the drug store and try different strengths of reader glasses to see which one works the best. This assumes that you can use those goggles with regular glasses. When I did this with the my first gen goggles it come out to about an extra 1.5 diopters on top of my regular prescription.

I use +1.50 readers now so all I have to do is get the inserts for the goggles with +1.50 diopter is that what your saying?

I use +1.50 readers now so all I have to do is get the inserts for the goggles with +1.50 diopter is that what your saying?
If when you have your readers on you can read something a foot away from your face comfortably then you are probably good getting +1.50. It’s probably gonna be hard finding a pre-made one in a half diopter increment though. You can probably get an eye glasses store to make you the power you need though if you just get the pieces that hold the corrective lenses.

I don’t know for sure but no, I am saying you may need a higher diopter correction if the focal distance of the goggles is less than 16in (40cm). Since I do not know the actual focal distance of the goggles I can’t say for sure. I recommend to try to determine the effective focal distance and then consult with your optician to be sure.

If when you have your readers on you can read something a foot away from your face comfortably then you are probably good getting +1.50. It’s probably gonna be hard finding a pre-made one in a half diopter increment though. You can probably get an eye glasses store to make you the power you need though if you just get the pieces that hold the corrective lenses.
Correct +1.50 is clear at 1 foot. I also can use +1.75 for reading a book at 1 foot away.

Correct +1.50 is clear at 1 foot. I also can use +1.75 for reading a book at 1 foot away.
For what I've seen DJI only sell negative inserts ... that leaves you with 3 options.

1. You use your regular glasses
2. If the above don't work as you need another strengths ... you go with a pair of cheaper reading glasses
3. You shell out & go for these ... expensive but supposed to be high quality --> Tador for DJI FPV Goggles – RHO-Lens

Ok then you know what you probably need but as @slup has identified I can’t find DJI made ones that are in plus powers so you probably have to get custom made ones.

You should just be able to wear your glasses under the goggles but I don’t know how comfortable that will be.

If you buy the piece

then any glasses store should be able to change out the lenses for you. I don’t see why it would be any different from any other kind of glasses and that would probably be cheaper than getting the ones made in Germany.

Do you wear contacts for your distance vision? If so you could talk to your eye doctor about switching to Multifocal contacts which are getting more and more popular so you don’t need readers to begin with.

A email from RHO-Lens Germany

Hi Ricky,
the DJI FPV Goggles create the image at infinity. So you do not need reading glasses there.

Have a nice day,
Ralf

RHO-Lens
Im Hook 1
48165 Münster
Germany

CEO: Ralf Homering

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads