DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles with Mavic Air: Live view options not there

bayou7

Reactions
I've owned a Mavic Air for about a year and recently purchased the DJI goggles. Love the goggles but am now wondering if I might have a defective pair.
The HD Option in tools disappears when I connect goggles to Controller and Aircraft. It's there before I connect; If I select that Option, it asks me to confirm that goggles are connected. As soon as I connect, the HD option disappears.

Sounds like a defective unit, but just wanted to check to see if anyone had encountered this problem. I have installed the latest firmware and also did a refresh, but the problem persists.

Thank you for any help.
Bayou7

Last edited:
Not an expert on the goggles, you have the plain original white ones ?
Haven't even tried changing view on mine (M1P and RE goggles).

I think the M1P and MPP you can change these to a number of settings, but maybe for the Air, Spark, other (?) only 720/30 ?

Found a few forum threads re this . . .

I had a look in the DJI specs for these online, and the manual, they don't even mention the Air, or Spark options.

typo edit

Last edited:
Not an expert on the goggles, you have the plain original white ones ?
Haven't even tried changing view on mine (M1P and RE goggles).

I think the M1P and MPP you can change these to a number of settings, but maybe for the Air, Spark, other (?) only 720/30 ?

Found a few forum threads re this . . .

I had a look in the DJI specs for these online, nad the manual, they don't even mention the Air, or Spark options.
Thanks for posting those. Missed them. If true, would be so misleading by DJI not to post this. Also, there are plenty of these Youtube 'gurus' who have posted quite a few videos on the Goggles with the Air and NONE of them mention that. I'll check with DJI directly and post back.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Ok, just for completeness when others search in the future, DJI confirmed that the Live view on the DJI goggles when used with the Mavic Air will always be in 720p 30. The other options are not available.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas