DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles - Worth the money or not!

I find the goggles to be a love hate relationship.
I love the video quality, the battery life and the feel of being right in the cockpit, but that's about where it ends.

I hate the bulk, the weight, the awkward way they fit on my head, the constant adjustments to find a good spot on my head. I am also not pleased with the heat that can build up inside and the fact that I am totally unaware of my surroundings when using them.

The unaware part is probably why I only use them on 1 out 10 flights. You need an alert person near you at all times or you may end up in a scene from "Deliverance". This could have been so easily rectified if DJI installed a small camera in the front and had a picture in picture option so users could look around at their surroundings while flying.

Rob

Last edited:
alright, thanks a lot, just got mine but it's raining a lot lately LOL, so will be doing some testing soon.

I am considering buying some DJI Goggles but reading about other people’s experiences with the Goggles on the forum I am having second thoughts...
If you own the DJI Goggles yourself could you say in a few words if you would recommend them or not...
Totally immerssive experience, I find it very difficult to fly without them. Great for sizing up a photo. All I do usually is just fly around.....so fun!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Clinton1
Dji goggles are fantastic! Worth every penny.

Even more so when it comes to automatic head tracking. While head tracking is not necessarily good for making movies, it's great for search and rescue and other applications.

Reactions: angeloyzf
I am considering buying some DJI Goggles but reading about other people’s experiences with the Goggles on the forum I am having second thoughts...
If you own the DJI Goggles yourself could you say in a few words if you would recommend them or not...
I own DJI goggles and they work fine with my Mavic. They are supposed to work with Phantom 4, but I wish they worked with Phantom 3 pro.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure