DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GOGGLES = WOW!!!

mavic6611

Reactions
yesterday my goggles arrived and I can tell anyone who is thinking of buying a set for your Mp.. Go for it!! They are worth every single penny.
The clarity and size of the screen is fantastic. The immersivness is literally like being aboard the aircraft.

The ease of use on the touch screen is brilliant along with being able to use it to video and take photographs plus access the flight modes.
Those goggles are amazing.

10/10 from me [emoji2]

yesterday my goggles arrived and I can tell anyone who is thinking of buying a set for your Mp.. Go for it!! They are worth every single penny.
The clarity and size of the screen is fantastic. The immersivness is literally like being aboard the aircraft.

The ease of use on the touch screen is brilliant along with being able to use it to video and take photographs plus access the flight modes.

10/10 from me [emoji2]
I noticed that the camera gimbal can pan (move side to side) when using the goggles, I have read on several forums and seen on YouTube videos that you cannot do this with the regular camera control methods. Normally the camera only pans a small amount automatically as a form of motion compensation in the horizontal plane. Using the DJI goggles however, the gimbal can be seen to pan (move sideways) quite a bit, this means that the panning functionality is limited when using the other control modes available. Could it be that there is something going on with this feature, like a glitch, that is causing this? Or is this a purposefully done software limitation? I remember when I first powered up my Mavic on a coffee table, the controller buttons were able to both tilt and pan the gimbal, but only that once, after flying it and forever afterwards the ability to pan the camera was gone.

Reactions: PROMOLOZO

10/10 from me [emoji2]

Yes I also think the screen is very good. It certainly the clearest video feed from the crafts camera that one can ever hope to get in daylight conditions.

Rob

Last edited:
I fully agree,this are wonderful I think the cheater glasses are the key for the clarity "double the strength you use "
Cheater glasses? Are you referring to reading glasses?
If so, I wear 1.5 mag, so you recommend a 3.0 for best clarity?
Thanks

Reactions: rstekeur
Are we talking about a version 2 of these goggles as mine were rubbish.
I sent mine back due to fogging lenses, screen too close to face like having a phone in your face, too heavy and bad range.
Glad to see the back of them myself.

Reactions: Testman
All week ive been reading a thread in this forum with opposite opinions of the DJI goggles. I completely wrote off the idea of trying them.

Now with this thread, ive gained new interest lol i am totally confused. I wish i was a beta tester for them

All week ive been reading a thread in this forum with opposite opinions of the DJI goggles. I completely wrote off the idea of trying them.

Now with this thread, ive gained new interest lol i am totally confused. I wish i was a beta tester for them

The main problem with the goggles is that DJI used their Minions on YouTube to over hype them, so when the unbiased people get them, many of us were disappointed.

The truth is they have a great screen, they connect very easily to the Mavic and work perfectly with it. They have excellent control system and they are not as heavy as they look and the battery life is excellent.

The Downsides are that only 25% of people can use them without glasses. Their huge and therefore the Geek factor on them is a 9 out of 10. The lenses can fog up, contrary to YouTube Blogger claims. They can fit on most peoples head but they never give you a feeling of being 100% stable. The flip up feature is in most cases is useless because the goggles will fall off if your not careful. The goggles firmware is far from being complete and DJI seems to abandoned updates for now.

Rob

The main problem is that the general public has no idea of the tech involved and its limitations, they'll take those things with no experience and completely random expectations of perfection not considering feasibility or anything and may be deceived because it's not what they thought it would be.

Anyone who has any experience of FPV and common goggles on model aircraft and likes to enjoy the view sees something that's 10x better than anything else before it and that they wouldn't have believed to be possible anytime soon, basically the dream they were longing for.

Question for folks who have the goggles....did you notice right off the bat that it was blurry enough to need reading glasses to use them 'at all' or do you use them just to make it better?

Question for folks who have the goggles....did you notice right off the bat that it was blurry enough to need reading glasses to use them 'at all' or do you use them just to make it better?
I can assure you the image is crystal clear. However I don't wear glasses

Still my opinion not owning fpv is its too expensive for the performance I received.
Being honest here now: if I had a free pair I wouldn't use them

Still my opinion not owning fpv is its too expensive for the performance I received.
Being honest here now: if I had a free pair I wouldn't use them
I certainly respect your honest opinion. They're not for everyone. Each person has their own expectations. Some people swear by Fatsharks, I didn't like them. I don't like the DJI goggle 100% but in my opinion they're the best of all the goggles I've tried. That's what makes us all individuals.

I certainly respect your honest opinion. They're not for everyone. Each person has their own expectations. Some people swear by Fatsharks, I didn't like them. I don't like the DJI goggle 100% but in my opinion they're the best of all the goggles I've tried. That's what makes us all individuals.
Of course. I had never used them and expected performance like the vr performance from the Google pixel phone which was stunning.
I'd try them in the future if they modded them. I'd like to try next time though.
If I'd of tried fatsharks maybe I'd be impressed.
But then I'm a guy that sold my P4 and bought a MP and regretted it so what does that say about me?
Basically I wasted money because I wanted the latest gadget.

Reactions: mavic6611
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard