DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GOGGLES

longhair

Reactions
PURCHASED A NEW SET OF DJI GOGGLES AND NOT PLEASED AT ALL, ESPECIALLY IF YOU WEAR GLASSES, COMPARED TO THE OCULUS RIFT SETUP THEY HAVE THE RIGHT IDEA, AND TALK ABOUT HEAVY, ANYWAY TOOK THEM BACK THE NEXT DAY AND WILL WAIT FOR A BETTER OPTION

Reactions: butterflyslicer
PURCHASED A NEW SET OF DJI GOGGLES AND NOT PLEASED AT ALL, ESPECIALLY IF YOU WEAR GLASSES, COMPARED TO THE OCULUS RIFT SETUP THEY HAVE THE RIGHT IDEA, AND TALK ABOUT HEAVY, ANYWAY TOOK THEM BACK THE NEXT DAY AND WILL WAIT FOR A BETTER OPTION

I wear bi-focal glasses. when i received my goggles i must say i was disappointed because with or without my glasses image was out of focus. long story sort...went to my optometrist and he he gave me normal reading glasses +2 stronger than my normal prescription. whala.....every thing as clear as a whistle.

I am really enjoying my goggles now.

Reactions: Pvitale
$1.50 reading glasses are the answer. Go to the drug store and try on different strengths until you can read clearly at 10 inches. Measure the distance! If unsure, but a couple pair of different strengths. Then try them wearing the goggles. Most reading glasses are lightweight with small frames.

Reactions: bonzo
Reading glasses are too much of a headache, just adds to the equipment and set up time you need. Also reduces the realism of the experience. Just returned mine in favour of waiting for a better version.

The more I read about them,the more I want to stay with my current setup. My Cheap VR goggles(11.49),and Mavic FPV app (4.99) work well. Around 16.50 in the whole setup! I wanted to try something cheaper until I made up my mind about purchasing the DJI Goggles.

Reactions: Pathogen
The more I read about them,the more I want to stay with my current setup. My Cheap VR goggles(11.49),and Mavic FPV app (4.99) work well. Around 16.50 in the whole setup! I wanted to try something cheaper until I made up my mind about purchasing the DJI Goggles.
I was using the cheap set up for a while to see if I liked it. I got my new dji goggles today and OMG what a night and day difference, being able to look around like you were being suspended from the craft is awesome. I usually get bored and I fly in back down before my alarm goes off but with these goggles I find myself exploring and the battery alarm has to remind me to come back.The detail is so great that I can even see power lines approaching.

You can use cheap vr, but how’s accessing the camera and app controls working and then there’s head tracking

Well, to each his own...

I am very pleased with my goggles. Yes, I too had to first find the right reading glasses, but now they offer sweet, total immersion!
Stan,

Can you switch off the head tilt steering and simply use the joysticks as normal? I can envisage unwanted turns occurring if you cannot.

I am interested in using goggles as in the bright sunlight we have here in Cyprus, it is often difficult to see my Umi-Z mobile screen that clearly. I would imagine that goggles enable you to fly close to obstacles more easily? Doing so produces more interesting videos.

Regards

Stan,

Can you switch off the head tilt steering and simply use the joysticks as normal? I can envisage unwanted turns occurring if you cannot.

I am interested in using goggles as in the bright sunlight we have here in Cyprus, it is often difficult to see my Umi-Z mobile screen that clearly. I would imagine that goggles enable you to fly close to obstacles more easily? Doing so produces more interesting videos.

Regards
You can use head tracking to control the camera or the quads direction, or not at all

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura