DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles

TrevorDawes

Reactions
Hi all, I am new to the Mavic Pro and enjoying completely.
Could one of the more experienced pilots offer some enlightenment please.
I have since got the DJI Goggles and have questions.
1) the device is connected via WiFi (hopefully i have this correct), what is the range of the Mavic when the drone is switched to WiFi?
2) can the goggles be used without WiFi?

Thanking you in advanced.

Kind regards
Trevor

Hi all, I am new to the Mavic Pro and enjoying completely.
Could one of the more experienced pilots offer some enlightenment please.
I have since got the DJI Goggles and have questions.
1) the device is connected via WiFi (hopefully i have this correct), what is the range of the Mavic when the drone is switched to WiFi?
2) can the goggles be used without WiFi?

Thanking you in advanced.

Kind regards
Trevor
Howdy from Wyoming TrevorDawes, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. I am sure someone will be along soon with experience in your query.

The goggles connect to the drone through Occusync, not WiFi. The range should be the same as the range of the controller, that is several km.

Wifi is not necessary.

Last edited:
Do not set the drone in wifi mode when using goggles. They link via occusync, for range up to 7km in ideal conditions.

I bought the goggles when there was a $100 off list price offered by DJI. My impression at first was luke warm. I wear glasses and it was a pain putting them on and having the goggles bump them when swinging them down over my eyes. I decided to get the corrective lenses from DJI and haven't received them yet, but feel this will be the ultimate answer to most of my complaints in using the goggles. I think for me the best way to use them is to go full screen FPV and forget all the menus in the goggle display. I set my mission flights up ahead of time using my iPhone such as camera settings, etc. I use a spotter to keep me safe from bystanders asking questions or taking my gear. I want the total emersion experience and can use my controller to take photos and video footage and maneuver the Mavic exactly where I want to. With the screen locked you don't have to worry about hitting the touch pad on the side of the goggles. You can easily swap the goggles over to an observer when you want them to experience FPV easily when it is all setup as I describe. The only drone I use the goggles with is the Mavic Pro. It really locks on easily with Ocusync and the range is amazing. I highly recommend the goggles and the battery life is fantastic at about 6 hours.

I bought the goggles when there was a $100 off list price offered by DJI. My impression at first was luke warm. I wear glasses and it was a pain putting them on and having the goggles bump them when swinging them down over my eyes. I decided to get the corrective lenses from DJI and haven't received them yet, but feel this will be the ultimate answer to most of my complaints in using the goggles. I think for me the best way to use them is to go full screen FPV and forget all the menus in the goggle display. I set my mission flights up ahead of time using my iPhone such as camera settings, etc. I use a spotter to keep me safe from bystanders asking questions or taking my gear. I want the total emersion experience and can use my controller to take photos and video footage and maneuver the Mavic exactly where I want to. With the screen locked you don't have to worry about hitting the touch pad on the side of the goggles. You can easily swap the goggles over to an observer when you want them to experience FPV easily when it is all setup as I describe. The only drone I use the goggles with is the Mavic Pro. It really locks on easily with Ocusync and the range is amazing. I highly recommend the goggles and the battery life is fantastic at about 6 hours.
You cannot set camera and video settings on phone, they are over ridden once the goggles connect and must be set on goggles as well.

In particular, goggles can downgrade video recording quality depending on how you set the video feed to eyes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidwujr