Votes: 37 22.6%
  • Yes.... At a price under $400

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • Yes.... At a price under $300

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • NO..... Don't need and they are going to too expensive anyways

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
I agree smart marketing, rumour it at high price and then sell them at half the rumoured price and people will buy them. Honestly they can corner the market if they priced it with headplay gear but because really Headplay is cheap components, DJI product looks real solid , I'm thinking it will be priced at 399.00 my guess with discounts if you have MAVIC
I hope you are right about this, because I will buy one no mater what the price is, I have been wanting HD FPV for a long time.

I am in the same boat. Those goggles will be great--but $700 will be a problem. I hope they come in below that price point.

I wouldn't mind having a pair of these... but NOT at $700!! I fly my Phantom 2 non-Vision with just a 7" tablet and the Mavic will allow me to use my Galaxy S7 edge. So, while the headsets might be fun, I'm not about to put out $700 for them.

I like the thought of FPV but I don't like the thought of having some blinders on being unaware of what is happening around you. Would probably have to turn the drone my direction frequently to see who is around me. lol

I like the thought of FPV but I don't like the thought of having some blinders on being unaware of what is happening around you. Would probably have to turn the drone my direction frequently to see who is around me. lol
Best to have a spotter.

i cant see these coming out at under $800. Id love a pair but wont be jumping early on these.
$500 would be a different matter though

Im getting them immediately if they are somewhere near 4 bills.

One of the "features" of the goggles is that you can connect two pair of them to a single Mavic. It's rediculous to think many people would buy two goggles at $7-800 each. But, I'd consider two of them at $300 each.

I think they would make more money if they sold a larger quantity of these goggles at $300 each rather than a limited amount at $700.

Depends on what it cost to make them. I'm betting they will be more than 400 though.

Is this what the HUD is supposed to look like? Or is it just something the marketing department threw together for the video?

upload_2016-10-19_11-7-32.png

I highly doubt they will be sold under 400 dollars, if anything 500 maybe to begin then 399. They have to keep the price close to the competition of the higher priced goggles but selling them just short of the price of new Mavic won't happen, 700 is way too expensive and I doubt it will be that high..399-500 is my guess maximum..

Are you guys nuts? Let me use my phone and make it 99 bucks. 700?? NO way!

I'm hoping to still be able to use Litchi, FPV Camera for DJI, etc with my iPhone 7 Plus and VR goggles. I sent a message to DJI asking if they would allow 3rd party developers to incorporate FPV. DJI's response:

Thank you for contacting DJI Support
With regards to your concern, DJI do not recommend using any 3rd party applications because it is not yet been tested by DJI , and if in any case that something happen to the unit, DJI will not be able to retrieve the flight records and it will void the warranty of the unit.
With regards to FPV goggles you may use other googles but it will not assure the compatibility with the unit, DJI will release a FPV googles specifically for the Mavic Pro.
If you have any questions, please be sure to ask them in your reply. We look forward to assisting you soon!​

Is this what the HUD is supposed to look like? Or is it just something the marketing department threw together for the video?

I'm sure that's just a mockup. Why am I so sure? The real app wouldn't move the flight data in from the edges just to cover up the middle of the screen as this mockup does.

That said, it may RESEMBLE the UI models they are working on, but this for sure is just marketing doing its job.

I've owned a Rift and the Fatshark (non-HD version), so I feel like I have some expectations around usability, quality and price. The Rift is a near endlessly usable device not just for flying, and therefore can command a price in the $600-700 range. The Rift quality is also astounding.

The Fatshark dominator V2 I had, was decent quality and had a built in video recorder. I added the radio receiver to it as well, which I think brought it to the $400 range. Given the price drop in quality HD screens, I would expect the DJI goggles to be high quality screens at about the same price point (given it includes the radio).

I'm still having trouble paying $400 for a single purpose headset that really is a novelty item (lets me honest).

Also, one thing I couldn't stand with the Fatshark goggles was how hot my face gets and the steaming up of the screens! This is especially critical when you're outside flying around a hot open field in the summer sun. I hope DJI has addressed that in these goggles. I see some venting in the pics, but an active ventilation system would be awesome.

I would get them but definately wont spend 700 bucks.. too much for that..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78