DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GOOGLES

Don't "hold your breath" on these. I was part of the pre-order and waited 3 months after my CC was billed, needless to say I canceled. The Android device is a "scaled down" version that runs on a self contained unit. They (Epson) have released the developers version and there is a thread somewhere here about how totally laggy the video is.
They said at CES they would be releasing at the end of January 2017 so not sure why you would have expected to get them by now?

They said at CES they would be releasing at the end of January 2017 so not sure why you would have expected to get them by now?
They were introduced way before CES, I believe Sept or Oct with a November release date. I've spoke with EPSON and they state the only hold up is designing a mount for the Mavic RC, which IMO is bullcrap.

Don't "hold your breath" on these. I was part of the pre-order and waited 3 months after my CC was billed, needless to say I canceled. The Android device is a "scaled down" version that runs on a self contained unit. They (Epson) have released the developers version and there is a thread somewhere here about how totally laggy the video is.
Not good!, high latency makes FPV useless.

Assuming you mean FPV goggles that use an HDMI output, none are compatible with the Mavic. The best you could do is use them with a mobile device that has an HDMI output (like the Nvidia Shield K1). That will only allow you to see the same view that is on your mobile device though.
Is there ANY info at all about Mavic FPV release? I would like to wait, but after all the BS with the Mavic itself, perhaps the Nvidia might be a good stopgap. Then there is the probable cost of (proprietary) DJI goggles. Your thoughts??

Is there ANY info at all about Mavic FPV release?
Not a peep. I'm sure they will be both large and expensive. Will they be better than everything else on the market right now? I doubt it.

I went to their booth at CES and asked a few people about the dates for the goggles and they didn't share or have any new information. My guess is until they get all caught up on production of Mavics you won't see any Goggles

I've been posting updates on another thread in regards to the Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses. I just received them today and successfully side-loaded the DJI Go 4.0 App. along with another app to keep orientation correct. They are a HIGH quality set of glasses and just bench testing them it looks like the latency issues are gone. I will be flying with them tomorrow

Reactions: Dmbrody
Please let us know results ASAP - and, where to buy and cost if you can and don't mind sharing....

In the meantime , my FatShark + DYI camera for now.
Pffff... Not just no... HELL NO!

The fact that you had to do that to a $1K+ drone just to get a crap video feed speaks volumes of how DJI has seriously dropped the ball with these goggles or any other FPV work around (which they obviously are witholding or assumed their own goggles would fill the need).

Not a peep. I'm sure they will be both large and expensive. Will they be better than everything else on the market right now? I doubt it.

I talked with one of the uppers at the CES show and although they would not say a whole lot but I think your instincts are good as I got the same vibe by asking him numerous questions.... they will probably be large and have bells and whistles I do not care about.... I just want a true HD goggle with HDMI input the size of Fatsharks... I guess throw in wireless instead of HDMI and that would be the ticket...

Anymore information and test with the BT 300? Can it also use with eyeglasses?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
There's an additional nose bridge (include) with the package that allows you to wear the BT-300 over the glasses. With that said, I wear glasses (nearsighted) and did not have to wear them while configuring the BT-300. There is also an included plastic lens frame that could be sent to Rochester Optical and fitted with corrective lenses (see pic below)
C1wWOYQXgAIQ0dM.jpg:large

Last edited:
Reactions: mavic88

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos