DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Ground Station Pro

Thanks for sharing. Wow this app looks powerful especially for mapping purposes. Awesome it gives you estimated pixel resolution as you change altitude. Also can input custom cameras, sweet I can use it for mapping with my airplane and canon 5DS!

Reactions: bathsnake
Only works for ipad?

Also, what does it mean when Mavic Pro isn't listed under Compatible Cameras?

Reactions: Brianna
Looks like it's only for iPad now. Not sure where you see that. Mine has the mavic pro camera under compatible cameras. I can select it when creating a 3D mapping mission.

Reactions: Crchisholm
Looks like it's only for iPad now. Not sure where you see that. Mine has the mavic pro camera under compatible cameras. I can select it when creating a 3D mapping mission.

Right in the announcement that was linked.

GS Pro is compatible with the following DJI aerial platforms and flight controllers:

Phantom 3 Standard/4K/Advanced/Professional, Phantom 4/Pro*, Inspire 1/Inspire 2*Matrice 100/600/600 Pro, A3, N3, and Mavic Pro,
Compatible cameras: Phantom 3 Standard/4K/Advanced/Professional, Phantom 4/Pro, andZenmuse X3, X5, X5R, X4S*, X5S*, and Z3

*Coming soon

Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.

I don't even have an iPhone but find it sad if this is "too powerful" for a phone. While I plan to use a tablet with the Mavic at times, I still like the capability to use a phone when I don't want to carry another device. I guess we'll see what they release for Android.

Cool - Just took it for a spin. Simple route with 9 way-points in a paddock beside my house. Got half way around it then slowed right up to 2mph and wandered off the route. So I quit the route program and flew it homewards. Mid way back the GS Pro app quit on my iPad. Restarted OK and then tried the virtual fence which seemed to work OK.

I need a manual as the interface is somewhat confusing without documentation. I think I have done enough Guinea pigging for now. Will leave it for others to workout and stick to Litchi.

It's called "DJI GS Pro" in the app store. You can find it here.

I was JUST about to buy AutoPilot today :eek:! I read good reviews about camera control and steadiness. I am ready to know what current AutoPilot users think after they run the paces.

Quick comparison to AutoPilot, there is no way I can see to set point to focus the camera on and no option for curved paths.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cool - Just took it for a spin. Simple route with 9 way-points in a paddock beside my house. Got half way around it then slowed right up to 2mph and wandered off the route. So I quit the route program and flew it homewards. Mid way back the GS Pro app quit on my iPad. Restarted OK and then tried the virtual fence which seemed to work OK.

I need a manual as the interface is somewhat confusing without documentation. I think I have done enough Guinea pigging for now. Will leave it for others to workout and stick to Litchi.
There is a manual built right in to the app, go to Menu (3 dots)>Help>Usage to get to it. I set up a 17 waypoint loop with various altitudes some with photos and others with 360º movie at waypoint, saved it and will fly it tomorrow when the weather clears, still raining.

There is a manual built right in to the app, go to Menu (3 dots)>Help>Usage to get to it. I set up a 17 waypoint loop with various altitudes some with photos and others with 360º movie at waypoint, saved it and will fly it tomorrow when the weather clears, still raining.
Cool thanks. Yesterday Help just had a go online message there for me - No content. But now the manuals has appeared. It is also available at the website too at DJI GS Pro - Specifications, FAQ, videos tutorials, manuals, DJI GO | DJI when it was not there when I looked yesterday.
Tread cautiously with it, as I mentioned it crashed mid flight for me.

Reactions: Snaver
Tread cautiously with it, as I mentioned it crashed mid flight for me.

I will thanks, even if the app crashes it should continue the mission as per the manual. I have a very large park I test and practice in, lots of open space. (and a tracker :) )

I tried it but it froze up, (I tried on a P3 ADV) Haven't tried on the mavic yet but anyways the app froze on me and would not let me fly waypoints.

I played around with it yesterday seems very clunky. Not very intuitive.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'd second that. I've not flown a mission with it since we've got weather right now, but I've set up a couple of missions and it just doesn't feel nearly as polished as Litchi. A couple software revisions may fix that....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki