DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Ground Station Pro

I got this thing going and it works well. It seems That I can only fly waypoints within the boundary of a virtual fence though.

I got this thing going and it works well. It seems That I can only fly waypoints within the boundary of a virtual fence though.
Why is that?, I was able to plot 17 waypoints with a 10,000' radius and fly it, no virtual fence needed. The app does seem a bit clunky but it should improve with a few updates, in the meantime fun to play with.

I can't figure out why not. the "Start to fly" button stays grey but as soon as I enter a virtual fence it lights up and I can proceed with my mission, But maybe i'm doing something wrong it's gonna rain here this whole weekend so i can't check till next week.
(I will have my Inspire 2 by then)

I can't figure out why not. the "Start to fly" button stays grey but as soon as I enter a virtual fence it lights up and I can proceed with my mission, But maybe i'm doing something wrong it's gonna rain here this whole weekend so i can't check till next week.
(I will have my Inspire 2 by then)
Inspire2, wow, very nice, I am not rich enough for that, and truth to tell don't have a use for one, but I do like my tech toy's. Good luck with that Inspire.

Any idea how to get the Mavic camera to focus? Am I missing a step someplace?
You can 'tap' the screen to focus if the auto focus is not working for you, or you can set one of the programmable 'C' buttons to do a center focus. But with the latest F/W update the camera will focus at intervals on it's own, and also when you press the shutter button.

I am new to 3D aerial mapping. The GS Pro manual states, "The image data captured during these flights can be input into 3D reconstruction software to generate 3D maps."
What are some of the more popular 3D reconstruction software packages out there?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Last edited:
I actually find the app to be pretty intuitive. it has limited features but that is probably a good thing, I don't want to be overwhelmed with flight parameters to set.. So we get the idea, is there a way to run the mission without flying the aircraft? I haven't found one.

This app looks like it may be a foundation for 3D mapping primarily. If anything it looks like part one with a future version to actually build the maps. If you want a lot of autoflight functionality use the Autoflight Logic app. It's totally amazing all of the things it will do and give you very professional videos in the process.

I was trying to use new GS Pro iPad app (with my new mavic), since I run company which is doing terrain 3d mapping. I was not happy when I found out that waypoint limit is 99, which if I want drone to hover for each photo, is not enough (each photo is waypoint).

I found it fairly easy to use but there doesn't seem to be a way to smooth out the path at each waypoint so, that makes it pretty unusable for filming. I am going to give a try to Autopilot.

Only works for ipad?

Also, what does it mean when Mavic Pro isn't listed under Compatible Cameras?

It's listed.
You can 'tap' the screen to focus if the auto focus is not working for you, or you can set one of the programmable 'C' buttons to do a center focus. But with the latest F/W update the camera will focus at intervals on it's own, and also when you press the shutter button.

+1. The "semi-auto focus" kicks in when the image stays steady for a moment.

I wonder what the thinking was in making the iOS version iPad only and not letting it run on an iPhone?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I think its about screen size - I have flown 2 missions yesterday- mapped them at home took everything to our flying field (model club) for secure environment testing - started off in DJI GO4 app - then hovered in front - closed DJI GO4, started GS Pro - selected the mission, fly mission - it transferred it to the Mavic and off it went after starting the mission - all good and well - first flight was a track of roughly 3km next I had one mapped with changing altitude and camera angle which is a bit fiddly on the iPad already so I guess it would be worse on the iPhone ... but even that worked just fine ... quite impressed - what I would really want though is a webbased front end where I can build the mission on a computer and then push the mission via an online profile to a device that can run GS Pro - this could then also work on any phone really ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis