DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Hints that new drone is coming at end of the month

Robbyg

Reactions

Rob

A new inspire, so soon?
I'd say it could be the release of a new series (based on mavic design but larger) of drones that will replace phantom line in a few months.

Im pretty sure its not a new Mavic because they are just now fulfilling orders for version 1. Amazon orders are having to wait to march or at-least some aren't shipping until march. It would be crazy for them to release a new Mavic while they are just trying to keep up with version 1 orders, They would pretty much overwhelm themselves with a new version and they are pretty much overwhelmed now.

yes, there is no point making a new mavic right now. i was talking about new a largel scale mavic shape foldable drone that will replace phantoms. So we have a mavic pro for the entry level+, and the new one for amateurs and enthusiasts. Phantoms will kiss us goodbye.

I think the video producer is right. Since the announcement came from DJI industrial division it only makes sense that it is an upgrade to an existing industrial drone that they have. The motors have some serious cooling so I expect that it is for heavy lifting and long flights.

If it was a Phantom 5 the owners of the P4P would be super upset. It's not a Mavic2 because the props don't fold and the Motors are too big. It's not an Inspire 3 because Inspire 2 owners would feel betrayed.

Reactions: aqualung and devGOD
Main thing I noticed is that the propeller hub/blade is solid.
As mentioned it's "Enterprise".
The target audience is "Mobile" and it is a B2B conference.

Hard to reconcile all that other than it will be a larger kick-butt machine and so likely larger than the Phantom. OTOH, the motor style was similar to the P4P other than more vents - P5 with a full X4S.

My guess: Something in between the P4P and the I2. For customers who want better than P4P cameras, including 360° panning. Will need the legs to fold or the camera to come down. But not X5S class.

Also - what is that bump that looks like a release button below the motor....?

Also - what is that bump that looks like a release button below the motor....?

They stole a page from GoPro.
It's so you can release the motor and attach it to a gimbal. Summer is coming so In hot weather you can cool yourself with the new DJI Fan :D:D

It would not surprise me if they are attempting their own entry level race quad. I have seen their test frames in the Rotor Riot videos with the Snail Motors they sell for race quads.

I just saw it posted at PhantomPilots and brought it over here .
Hadn't had a chance to look at it all but yes that is good.
Don't think I could afford it but is cool .

That says quite a lot! Thanks. ALSO MORE IMPORTANTLY: the FPV goggles are part and parcel of this. So that's great news too!

Hang on! You changed videos! I was referring to this:
(Racing drones with FPV).
Boy we mixing them up. That is nice. Might could swing
for a racing drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev