DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI intelligent batteries disableing the auto-discharge when in the charging hub ?

Belzorium

Reactions
As implied in this post title, i saw somewhere that the dji drone batteries (the video i watched was talking about the dji mini 3 pro, but assuming it was the same behaviour for all dji batteries) were disactivation the auto-discharge when the battery is connected to either the drone itself or the charging hub
Is this real ? i use the charging hub as a battery transportation case, and it makes no sense to me that such a usefull feature, that is also a security one, would be disabled at all

With 3 different DJI drones and 13 IFB's used regularly over the last 5 years, I have found that the auto-discharge feature is active regardless of whether the battery is in the drone: stored in the transit pack or in the mini 3 pro charging hub. The only variable setting I've found is the ability to alter the period of time (between 2 days and 10 days) that the battery will retain full(ish) charge before it starts to drain.

Auto-discharge can be a pain sometimes, but as a lipo safety feature.... anyone who *might* be able to circumvent it would need their head looking at.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimanex