DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI- just gotta say..

Shakey Jake

Reactions
Bought my Mavic Pro Oct '19. starting shortly after I started having pixelation issues on my S10+...
1. I became a pro at pixelation from deleting apps to changing to older Go apps.
2. I became a pro at writing calling talking with this forum's awesome help and DJI support and tech.
3. To start I sent in the drone and RC and they returned to me a new Drone (serial #s different)
4. The drone always flew great and took awesome pics it was just that my screen was cloudy.
5. Finally talked to a tech manager and he listened and while on the the phone he patiently waited as I emailed screenshots of no less than 7 different phones both android and iOS and supported devices.
6 He looked and said they dont have issues with unsupported devices [flying] but more so loading the GO apps. He said you have a RC issue. We only replaced the Drone and not the RC. So back in it goes..#2
7. It comes back early March..wow..I can see! Flys awesome till
8. March 23rd I warm it up, check some settings,hover and then lift to 30ft and proceed east 40ft...
9. Then, no believing whats going on..shoots to 60ft and at full speed goes in a large 180* arc sideways for 400ft plus glancing off a tree and into the side of a house..
10. could locate it for 1/2 hour but just as I was looking at my phone was its last transmission pic of a house. ugggh. I was so dismayed with all the issues just to have a retirement toy and all the posts on flyaways posted here...pissed.
11. So I immediately called DJI support..got a case number. It took forever cause of the covid issue but they sent me a case number. I had to supply a lot of info including uploading flight data to the cloud.
12. Monday this week it was recieved. Wednesday it was analyzed and approved for warranty work..no cost..getting a new one!

Now 5.5 months later..not happy about that BUT thanks to great info here and awesome support tech from DJI, I get to fly again! at no charge!

Reactions: old man mavic
@Shakey Jake glad you are back in the air, what a lot of us tend to forget when we have had a drone for some time ,is the fact that we are flying a very complex computer that is doing hundreds of computations just to keep air born ,if the computer on our desk crashes then we just turn it off and then turn it on again and wait for it to reboot and then if a fault is detected we can proceed to find a way to fix it
when the computer in the drone crashes or malfunctions then what you experienced is the result ,it can happen anytime,anywhere, without warning it is the nature of the beast

@Shakey Jake glad you are back in the air, what a lot of us tend to forget when we have had a drone for some time ,is the fact that we are flying a very complex computer that is doing hundreds of computations just to keep air born ,if the computer on our desk crashes then we just turn it off and then turn it on again and wait for it to reboot and then if a fault is detected we can proceed to find a way to fix it
when the computer in the drone crashes or malfunctions then what you experienced is the result ,it can happen anytime,anywhere, without warning it is the nature of the beast
my buddy I called to tell I crashed said " drones and crashing ia like peas and carrots" lmao

yea it will probably be a week or so before I get it back..thats fine

Bought my Mavic Pro Oct '19. starting shortly after I started having pixelation issues on my S10+...
1. I became a pro at pixelation from deleting apps to changing to older Go apps.
2. I became a pro at writing calling talking with this forum's awesome help and DJI support and tech.
3. To start I sent in the drone and RC and they returned to me a new Drone (serial #s different)
4. The drone always flew great and took awesome pics it was just that my screen was cloudy.
5. Finally talked to a tech manager and he listened and while on the the phone he patiently waited as I emailed screenshots of no less than 7 different phones both android and iOS and supported devices.
6 He looked and said they dont have issues with unsupported devices [flying] but more so loading the GO apps. He said you have a RC issue. We only replaced the Drone and not the RC. So back in it goes..#2
7. It comes back early March..wow..I can see! Flys awesome till
8. March 23rd I warm it up, check some settings,hover and then lift to 30ft and proceed east 40ft...
9. Then, no believing whats going on..shoots to 60ft and at full speed goes in a large 180* arc sideways for 400ft plus glancing off a tree and into the side of a house..
10. could locate it for 1/2 hour but just as I was looking at my phone was its last transmission pic of a house. ugggh. I was so dismayed with all the issues just to have a retirement toy and all the posts on flyaways posted here...pissed.
11. So I immediately called DJI support..got a case number. It took forever cause of the covid issue but they sent me a case number. I had to supply a lot of info including uploading flight data to the cloud.
12. Monday this week it was recieved. Wednesday it was analyzed and approved for warranty work..no cost..getting a new one!

Now 5.5 months later..not happy about that BUT thanks to great info here and awesome support tech from DJI, I get to fly again! at no charge!
Wait, what? they gave you 2 new drones and an RC are your NOT happy?
Geese I feel sorry for you wife, I can't image what she has to do to make you happy.

Reactions: kidroc
Wait, what? they gave you 2 new drones and an RC are your NOT happy?
Geese I feel sorry for you wife, I can't image what she has to do to make you happy.
Actually this will be my 3rd in in 5 months but had you read rather glanced I said I'm not happy that I have had all the problems with my drone. Not my fault. I did say that I loved DJI support team and the help this forum has given me. 2 friends have DJI drones, one has 5 for business and have had no issues. I've had nothing but for 6 months. Lol. Oh well. And in 6 months I've gotten 5 hr of flight time. I get my third new one friday...thx Andy ?

Reactions: Ex Coelis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes