DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Knowledge Quiz Mid flight

I am having the same problem, DJI is failing us badly. I have reached out to technical support but no solution was provided.

Yup. Did that, ticket is still open. There has been some discussion w DJI, but still no resolution. Multiple folks with the SRC report having the same problem. It is intermittent, and appearing less frequently now than when it was new. Not sure if number of flights or time in air has an effect. Both of those are hard to increase much in the snow
My problem is the opposite, the more I flew, the problem started. Locked out now with no help from DJI support. Good luck.

Agreed. I get the distinct feeling they have not yet figured out a fix for it. Frustrating, but I have high hopes!
Had the same problem. Tried starting the drone first, controller second. The controller let me go to the status of the drone, allowed me to fly without the quiz lockout. Went back to turning the controller first, drone second. The problem came back. Who knows what the software is doing and the poor customer support DJI is providing. I think DJI is realizing is just flooding the market with products that are not ready for prime time.

I thought DJI was the most reputable and innovative drone manufacturer, boy was I wrong! As I see it, the quiz was self imposed by DJI, they should disable the **** thing in a firmware update until someone can figure this out. How can they write sophisticated software then allow a nag screen quiz error cause so much trouble for so many customers?

This is not a new problem, I have seen posts over a year old complaining about the quiz error, either they cannot figure it out or they don't care!

Hold up Darrell. This garbage quiz takes away from the fact that DJI has the best drones out there by far? I’m no fanboy and I’m plagued by the quiz problem as well but it doesn’t make me think DJI technology is terrible. Just the guy they hired to do their web stuff is a douche bag.

I agree, DJI does have the best drone on the market. I wish DJI would just remove the quiz in a firmware update, then they can take all the time necessary to figure out the problem. It is a shame they are frustrating customers that were willing to spend $650.00 on the smart controller!

Reactions: jve40
DJI had me send my Mavic 2 Pro with SM back because the screen was blacking out but also the quiz problem.
I got the new one in without ever flying the first one and as soon as I fought through the connection problems and error problems loading the firmware I thought I was all set. Turned it on only to get the quiz screen again. Did everything DJI said to do. Uninstall and reinstall. Try a different network. Send them screen shots of the quiz error screen.
My last e-mail was yesterday but they have not responded for a couple days.
The stupid thing is (and I told them this in an e-mail last night) it says on the error screen it cannot find the quiz. It also gives the web address it is hunting for. I put that in the computer and it shows Page Not Found.
I'm not a rocket scientist but was an IT Manager for Allstate. Common sense says the controller is hunting for that page and errors when it cannot find it. Either put the quiz back on that website page or do a quick Patch for the firmware removing the request for the quiz. Especially since the quiz is not on the controller. I have now had this second one for 2 weeks and have not even put props on it.
If anyone has had any solution please post it for us.

DJI had me send my Mavic 2 Pro with SM back because the screen was blacking out but also the quiz problem.
I got the new one in without ever flying the first one and as soon as I fought through the connection problems and error problems loading the firmware I thought I was all set. Turned it on only to get the quiz screen again. Did everything DJI said to do. Uninstall and reinstall. Try a different network. Send them screen shots of the quiz error screen.
The stupid thing is (and I told them this in an e-mail last night) it says on the error screen it cannot find the quiz. It also gives the web address it is hunting for. I put that in the computer and it shows Page Not Found.
I'm not a rocket scientist but was an IT Manager for Allstate. Common sense says the controller is hunting for that page and errors when it cannot find it. Either put the quiz back on that website page or do a quick Patch for the firmware removing the request for the quiz. Especially since the quiz is not on the controller. I have now had this second one for 2 weeks and have not even put props on it.
I've sent my SC back for replacement but not sure I want one now

Ya think? My case on this from a month ago, is still open

Is this only happening with the Smart Controller?
I will receive my M2P with SC today (25 years a kite aerial photographer but new to drones). I am from Belgium, will report here if I get the quizz.
Hm hm, I still have to come back to to you all as I promised! I did receive my M2P with SC and flew it here in Belgium a few times without upgrading: no quizz! Then I upgradeo to the latest firm- ad software (without any real problems) and have flown a dozen times since, and still no quizz! So for me, all OK!
Good flights to everyone,
Frank

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Not wanting to dig up an old topic. But today, still in 2020, this happened to me.

I’ve been flying my phantom 4 with my iPad and iPhone without issues. Even with my advanced controller with the built in screen which runs Android, and never once got the quiz.

Today I tried flying with LG v30 which is an Android phone, for the first time, and got the quiz mid flight. Insanely annoying. How can DJI allow this to happen in 2020 still?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61