DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI leaving the US - support now from China

If, and if DJI pulls out of the USA, how will that affect things going forward? Will it be worth it to buy a DJI drone in the future?

Do you think they'll offer refunds on the Care Refresh? Don't much think the care refresh will be useful if it takes 6 weeks to get a repair shipped to China and back.

I guess Skidio needs to up their drone game...

If, and if DJI pulls out of the USA, how will that affect things going forward? Will it be worth it to buy a DJI drone in the future?

Do you think they'll offer refunds on the Care Refresh? Don't much think the care refresh will be useful if it takes 6 weeks to get a repair shipped to China and back.

I guess Skidio needs to up their drone game...
We live in a global economy. Transit times may change, but not ability to access products and services, barring a U.S. government import ban.

If it’s true, it is economic; not political. Maybe moving it to Mexico. I don’t know. China is moving a lot of their manufacturing to outside China for the same reasons US did. Their wages and costs have been dramatically on the rise in recent years. Vietnam is becoming to China what China was for US companies.

What's the best US drone manufacturer?
For the consumer: Skydio

For professionals: Freefly

There are in fact other high quality drones being manufactured in the U.S (i.e., Autel Robotics EVO). However, I did see an article released by DJI a day ago saying they are NOT going to abandon the U.S. market.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
There are in fact other high quality drones being manufactured in the U.S (i.e., Autel Robotics EVO). However, I did see an article released by DJI a day ago saying they are NOT going to abandon the U.S. market.

Autel Robotics is a Chinese company and their drones are made in China. They do have an office here in the states. It's a common misconception about Autel.

I did see an article released by DJI a day ago saying they are NOT going to abandon the U.S. market.

Hmmm, maybe that original post needs to be looked at again, as well as the article posted.

My replies here were based on not DJI withdrawing from the US (or any other market) entirely, but as per the article, reports were that . . .

"US repair and support staff have been laid off or are leaving by the end of this month. DJI apparently will only supply direct from China."

This is possibly only tied to the current CV situation, and as per a lot of people, DJI staff wouldn't be exempt from the same sort of layoffs if things were quiet, or were expected to significantly drop off for a while.

Autel Robotics is a Chinese company and their drones are made in China. They do have an office here in the states. It's a common misconception about Autel.
You're right, of course. However there is still Skydio and soon Impossible Aerospace

and soon Impossible Aerospace
Not many consumers would be in the market for a drone that big:
External Dimensions: 26” x 26” Weight: 18.5 lbs Shipping Case 30” x 30” x 18”
And not many would be paying what the Impossible Aerospace drone will cost.

Not many consumers would be in the market for a drone that big:
External Dimensions: 26” x 26” Weight: 18.5 lbs Shipping Case 30” x 30” x 18”
And not many would be paying what the Impossible Aerospace drone will cost.
True, unless they start trying to become competitive in the consumer market, which they probably won't.

Not necassaraly....I know a repair facility stateside in hillside nj

i hear they are nice folks;)

Thumbswayup Think Steve is in the UK though, so possibly that regions only (DJI) repair option, apart from private repair centres there.
Private can be hit and miss, they're only as good as their service, knowledge, skills.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143