DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI LUT for M2Pro..

HomeyJay

Reactions
Simple question really. Someone told me that the LUT 709 download on the M2P page on the DJI site corrects for spherical distortion as well as the usual LUT colour tweaks. Is this true?
I added it to LumaFusion on the iPad and can’t see any correction for curvature at all!

LumaFusion is not capable of correcting for distortion (it's a common feature request on their forums and hopefully we eventually get it) so I am guessing you are not shooting in 10-bit D-Log. All other modes have the distortion corrected automatically.

I was about to post but this post is pretty fresh so I think ill ask here
Does anyone know a LUT for Premiere Pro I can use that is for Mavic 2 Pro D-Log?

I was about to post but this post is pretty fresh so I think ill ask here
Does anyone know a LUT for Premiere Pro I can use that is for Mavic 2 Pro D-Log?

I like the Film Poets LUTs. They are very cheap and if you don't like them you get your money back.

Cool yeh that was on I found. I learned about it first from a guy (who I think works for Film Poets) on youtube explaining best filming settings

Might actually check that out now that you have vouched

Thanks but what I wanted to know was if LUTs we’re capable of lens corrections or if they only affected colour.
I realise that LumaFusion does not correct lens distortions yet but wondered if the LUT would do it!

Please note hat LUTs is a creative tool for a certain look. Not a one click solution to grade the D-Log footage.
No they do not do lens corrections. But that is really easy in most editors. Do not know lumaFusion myself.

Reactions: Roamer105
There's no one solution works in every light condition, Film Poets is my go to, the free DJI one is OK but greens can look odd.
I still sometimes prefer Sony SLOG2 options, also out there free.
Most of them are better dropped down quite some way often around 50%.
By the time you tried 2 or 3 it's often just as quick to quickly tweak manually unless feeling lazy.
Also Premiere pro often does a decent starting point job if you just click auto.

There's no one solution works in every light condition, Film Poets is my go to, the free DJI one is OK but greens can look odd.
By the time you tried 2 or 3 it's often just as quick to quickly tweak manually unless feeling lazy.
Also Premiere pro often does a decent starting point job if you just click auto.

Are you able to tell me where you got the free DJI lut? is it for Premiere Pro ?

Yes it works with pp, or any colour correction software I use like cyberlink colour director and davinci resolve

is the dji lut only for mac?

Ijust downloaded and try to install on Davince but a window pops up saying window does not recognize it.

The download itself is a .ZIP file which Windows definitely can recognize. The .CUBE file inside (the actual LUT file) is not something Windows knows what to do with, but you don't need it to. You just need to extract the .CUBE file from the .ZIP folder and import that into DaVinci or whatever you use. To be clear, this has nothing to do with Mac/PC.

Ijust downloaded and try to install on Davince but a window pops up saying window does not recognize it.
Window media player has a exstension (.cube) that is not recognize by window media player

Window media player has a exstension (.cube) that is not recognize by window media player

You're trying to open the .CUBE file in Windows which is why you are getting that message, which is not something you ever need to do. .CUBE files (LUT files) can only be read by the appropriate programs, such as DaVinci or Premiere. You don't need to read it, you just need to import it into the program that can read it. Extract the file from the .ZIP archive, then point DaVinci to it's location for the import, or drag & drop in, however you would normally do it.

All the error messages you're getting have to do with Windows trying to read the .CUBE file, which it can't (and doesn't need to).

LUTs are also just a starting point, and you can stack them. They are not intended to be a one stop shop for one-click editing. Just like with photography, there are an almost unlimited amount of editing styles and possibilities.

Reactions: Gioba59
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman