DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI M2P and DJI Goggles questions

gcopter1

Reactions
What advantage would I get, if I purchase the RE goggles instead of the original model of the goggles?

My understanding is that, the original white goggles, only use the 2.4 GHz version of OcuSync, thus, more prone to interference from home wi-fi routers and that the, RE goggles, in addition to the 2.4 GHz, also use 5.8 GHZ version of OcuSync2, which is less prone to interference because it automatically alternates between the two bands to find the less interference prone one.

Also, not sure if the RE, delivers 1080p, video feed for a longer distance, as opposed to the white goggles that only give you 720p resolution?

1080p is nice, but, if it is only available with the RE goggles, I'd settle for the white ones which are way cheaper.

Been reading around the internet where the M2P/Z, are having a hard time with the goggles in regards to range issues.

Thanks.

I don't know about the re goggles I own the white set I love them and I been 3.5 miles with my mavic zoom and goggles turned around because of battery life not single

Reactions: gcopter1
What about the resolution?
Are the white goggles only 720p?

Like I said before, 720p only not a real deal breaker for me. But the 1080p, it's sure nice to have.

FWIW, I used to own the MP Platinum with the white goggles. Sold everything because I needed the money. Now, researching before my next purchase.

From the time back when I was an owner, can't remember if the white goggles ever did 1080p and switched back to 720p when range and or interference became an issue.

What about the resolution?
From the time back when I was an owner, can't remember if the white goggles ever did 1080p and switched back to 720p when range and or interference became an issue.

Yeah, they go from 1080 to 720 when you extend your range out far enough, which isn't real far.

The range issues with the RE goggles and the M2's has been resolved. There is a forum strictly dedicated to the goggles. You can scan through threads there to read about the range fix. It came through the means of a software update. If someone is still having an issue with range on the RE goggles they should submit a request to DJI for repair.

What advantage would I get, if I purchase the RE goggles instead of the original model of the goggles?
I think the biggest advantage is the latency is cut about in half (about 50ms). They are aimed at the racing crowd thus the "RE" or "Racing Edition".
They claim to have 1080p screens but in the documentation they list 1280 x x960 HD. I think you get 1080p only if you plug in an external source. I have seen other goggles do this.
From their site...
"DJI Goggles deliver FPV video with ultimate speed, stability, and clarity. The OcuSync Video Transmission Module offers 2.4 and 5.8 GHz dual-band digital video transmission with latency as low as 50 ms and a maximum control range of up to 7 km.1 Equipped with an array of powerful features, such as 1280×960 HD transmission,3 and automatic Frequency-Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) transmission, this module is compatible with a variety of multi-rotor and fixed-wing aircraft. Packed with advanced tech and features, as well as external modules to suit a variety of setups, DJI Goggles RE achieve immersive drone racing that is unparalleled."

Heres what the "3" stands for...
"3. 720p 60 fps, 480p 50 fps transmission are also supported."

Just a heads up, DJI is coming out with a new set of goggles but they require using their camera module.
DJI Digital FPV System – Reimagine Your FPV World – DJI

I have been looking at FPV goggles and are waiting for these.
ORQA - Built to be the best.

Last edited:
I think the biggest advantage is the latency is cut about in half (about 50ms). They are aimed at the racing crowd thus the "RE" or "Racing Edition".
They claim to have 1080p screens but in the documentation they list 1280 x x960 HD. I think you get 1080p only if you plug in an external source. I have seen other goggles do this.
From their site...
"DJI Goggles deliver FPV video with ultimate speed, stability, and clarity. The OcuSync Video Transmission Module offers 2.4 and 5.8 GHz dual-band digital video transmission with latency as low as 50 ms and a maximum control range of up to 7 km.1 Equipped with an array of powerful features, such as 1280×960 HD transmission,3 and automatic Frequency-Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) transmission, this module is compatible with a variety of multi-rotor and fixed-wing aircraft. Packed with advanced tech and features, as well as external modules to suit a variety of setups, DJI Goggles RE achieve immersive drone racing that is unparalleled."

Heres what the "3" stands for...
"3. 720p 60 fps, 480p 50 fps transmission are also supported."

Just a heads up, DJI is coming out with a new set of goggles but they require using their camera module.
DJI Digital FPV System – Reimagine Your FPV World – DJI

I have been looking at FPV goggles and are waiting for these.
ORQA - Built to be the best.
My understanding is that the FPV system will not be compatible with the mavics. I can’t quote where I seen that at but I recall reading it somewhere in the last few days.

Reactions: brettbrandon
My understanding is that the FPV system will not be compatible with the mavics. I can’t quote where I seen that at but I recall reading it somewhere in the last few days.
I think you are right on that one...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv