DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI M300 review video with the H20T thermal camera (A followup warning to all M300 users about prop failures!)

Aerial Edge

Reactions

Also we got some reports of M300 falling out of the sky due to prop failures from improper storage.
Upon this we did an inspection of our M300 that has been properly stored and did a detailed prop inspection.
We had just completed doing a shot sheet on 110 Transmission Power line structures last week.

Just a word to all the people here. In the commercial world we have gotten use to doing an inspection checklist every morning, and we can become complacent on that. Even the guys just flying for fun, take that couple of extra seconds to check all your props before launching and look over your drone really well. May make a difference on loosing or not loosing the Aircraft!

The only unforeseen damage I've ever had to props was with my Spark when I foolishly purchased un-needed prop guards which resulted in damage to the trailing edge of one propeller very similar to the damage shown in the pictures. The trailing edge is very thin and highly susceptible to damage. one of those photos appears to be a leading edge however.

Typically most of the prop damage you will find will propagate from the thinnest part indeed.

The folding design and how it is stowed in the case is the leading factor for the M300. When moving down the line we keep it in flight mode and it rides in the back of the truck or UTV.
Granted there was heavy brush and grass everywhere so the props did chop some weeds down a bit, so that did not help. The landing pad we had was too small for this bird. We will be bringing the extra large pad next time.
Dave

Reactions: mereflyer

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe