DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 2 Active Track 2.0 refuses to allow manual height adjustment increases thus causing a crash that could have been avoided

Okay here the logs

Attachments

• dji_m2p_activetrack_crash_DEC312019.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 6
Bad news, the .DAT exists but DJI is encrypted it!
(BTW, with the US accusing DJI of spying for China, why would DJI encrypt the DAT file? and not make it plaintext like it was before?!)

And even more ironic, DJI is coming up with app to allow anyone to track DJI drones, and the DJI drone is emitting telemetry to the entire world and public at large, so from end user (pilot) standpoint DJI seems to think that level of sharing privacy is okay but then DJI goes behind the backs of its customers and encrypts their own flight log data and doesn't give the key?! It just seems backwards.... This is not what a customer service oriented company should treat its paying customers.

Also, The bad news is that DJI disapeared my .txtlog... see this, I think DJI detected a crash and to cover up the evidence it intentionally deletd the plaintext log!

1578176307898.png

1578176334364.png

I'm trying to see if I can do recovery from ipad

1578176352088.png

This is DJI's fault because

7) I had it track me from BEHIND but as my car turned the DJI MAVIC orientation changed on its own to the RIGHT. Had it stayed behind me like it should have, again none of this would have happenend.
That is the way Active Track 2.0 works. It follows you, not your route. If you make a turn, and it is trailing you, it will move that same direction to continue tracking you. I watched a number of videos on AT2.0 before I attempted to use it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe