DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced NTRIP - How will it work?

Mharz

Reactions
Hi clever people this is my first post after lurking and reading for years.

Does anyone know how NTRIP will work with the M2EA? I did some research but couldn't find any hard details. My best guess is Bluetooth connection from the controller to a mobile phone (or tablet or hotspot) with internet connection.

Any insights/speculations would be great.

Aren't NTRIP services mostly free or low cost?

Reactions: Thanohano44
Hi clever people this is my first post after lurking and reading for years.

Does anyone know how NTRIP will work with the M2EA? I did some research but couldn't find any hard details. My best guess is Bluetooth connection from the controller to a mobile phone (or tablet or hotspot) with internet connection.

Any insights/speculations would be great.

Aren't NTRIP services mostly free or low cost?

I have the same questions.

Reactions: Mharz
Correct, Govt RTK services are free and many States have a cluster of RTRIP Casters that are freely accessible. Tried to locate a State listing, found several States URL’s but not a USA current listing. Quick Google on State RTRIP should produce for your vacinity.

Haven’t read much on the M2EA RTK yet either, due to minimal published material; but logically your assumption is correct. You’ll need Cellular / Internet access for your local NTRIP Client receiving NTRIP Casters IP data streams. Other method would be RTK module contained Cellular... which I certainly doubt.

The interface between Phone and RC will most likely be via the USB cable... not sure M2 series supports BT to RC from tablet/phone... I’ve always used cable. Plenty of available bandwidth in USB to handle the minimal RTK data.

So far the RTK module will be for Craft Stability, not image accuracy & geo tagging image meta data. It will provide higher accuracy in high magnetic areas, such as power lines, etc. Nothing for images & mapping.

I had hoped it’d be image geotagging, not sure why so many DJI platform’s RTK is focused on stability and magnetic interference.

Reactions: Mharz
I'm just getting ready to order an M2EA ... am in northern Canada ... where an NTRIP subscription will run me $450 a month. Asked the supplier if the M2EA will work with the D-RTK2 base station, thus avoiding the costly subscription... and was told that it wouldn't. Which makes the RTK module basically worthless unless I'm getting a constant flow of work using it. Can anyone confirm?

I'm just getting ready to order an M2EA ... am in northern Canada ... where an NTRIP subscription will run me $450 a month. Asked the supplier if the M2EA will work with the D-RTK2 base station, thus avoiding the costly subscription... and was told that it wouldn't. Which makes the RTK module basically worthless unless I'm getting a constant flow of work using it. Can anyone confirm?
That is correct, the last statement I found indicated it was only compatible with a NTRIP connection. I thought I mentioned that in my post above, but must have been in a similar thread on another forum.

Currently the M2EA RTK is NTRIP only and also not possible to use to collect data points... positional stability only.

Many are hopeful it may later add additional functionality... I'd like to see it for use with captured images too. But likely neither will become a reality. Again, needing 3rd Party... probably a PPK system using the same interface port for power and image tagging.

I’m in the UK and I just purchased a M2EA with RTK module.
I had a similar concern regarding the cost of ntrip services for infrequent use.
After a bit of searching I found This is a community who share ntrip data and is free for anyone to use. The coverage seems fairly good and I have used it with the RTK module with great success.

if you enter www.rtk2go.com:2101 into a browser it will return the active ntrip streams, scroll to the bottom of the list and you will find the following…

If this Caster is on a public IP, your can decode it at SNIP's NTRIP Caster Table Decoder page
[You can press the 'View All' button to see the Base Stations displayed on a map.]

You can display a map showing all the available casters worldwide.

I hope this helps!

I’m in the UK and I just purchased a M2EA with RTK module.
I had a similar concern regarding the cost of ntrip services for infrequent use.
After a bit of searching I found This is a community who share ntrip data and is free for anyone to use. The coverage seems fairly good and I have used it with the RTK module with great success.

if you enter www.rtk2go.com:2101 into a browser it will return the active ntrip streams, scroll to the bottom of the list and you will find the following…

If this Caster is on a public IP, your can decode it at SNIP's NTRIP Caster Table Decoder page
[You can press the 'View All' button to see the Base Stations displayed on a map.]

You can display a map showing all the available casters worldwide.

I hope this helps!

Sad to report that pending a significant firmware update, the RTK module is a paperweight. Let’s hope DJI Gets serious about making this thing functional SOON

Reactions: Ric Kelly
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe