DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 2 Pro Keeps Disconnecting During Flight

kevinbkk

Reactions
I’m having an issue with my DJI Mavic 2 Pro. It keeps disconnecting during flight. I’ve read through countless online forums and tried many things before posting this here. Would greatly appreciate if anyone has any suggestions or advice,

When flying, I see the following errors even with the drone is very close by and in direct line of sight.

Whenever this happens, I still have good remote controller signal strength (usually 4-5 out 5 bars) and can control the drone even though I don’t see anything in DJI Go App. The image transmission signal usually shows as 0 out of 5 bars when the issue happens).

I’ve read through many online forum posts, so these are all the actions / diagnostics things I’ve tried so far.

1. Ruled out my Phone as the problem. This first happened to me back in October using an iPhone 11 Pro Max, but I recently upgraded to an iPhone 12 Pro Max and the issue still occurs the same.
  2. Ruled out the wire as the problem. I don’t believe the issue relates to the wire connecting the controller to my phone. To rule out the wire, I used a USB-A to lightning wire instead of the DJI wire and the same issue happened. (Image: https://imgur.com/Bi7L9I8)
  3. Relinked the controller / drone. Successfully relinked using instructions in this official DJI video: https://youtu.be/HUVwvfIdnXA
  4. Reformatted the MicroSD card. I read on some forums that some issues with the microSD card can cause these issues, so I completely reformatted the card. I also tried flying without a MicroSD card in the drone. These did not fix the issue.
  5. Calibrated the IMU
  6. Latest firmware. Ensured both drone and remote are on the latest firmware.
Sample flight log where the issue occurred: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Video Screengrab of the issue: https://imgur.com/mpkDC0r

Last edited:
It's obvious that the uplink ( control signal from controller to craft ) was OK but the downlink ( video feed + telemetry from craft to controller ) was bad. It can either be due to radio hardware problem or interference on the controller's side. The breaking and restoration of the downlink is rather periodic. Not sure if it suggests anything.

1609136513021.png

If it happens consistently I am afraid the only way to deal with it is to send it back to DJI for repair.

Last edited:
I noticed from your pictures that your are able to lift your drone up to 290m. I guess the altitude is not part of the problem. Or it could be?

I noticed from your pictures that your are able to lift your drone up to 290m. I guess the altitude is not part of the problem. Or it could be?

The issue also occurs even when the drone is much much closer to me. The issue is sporadic / random, though lately it seems to be increasing in frequency and duration.

It's obvious that the uplink ( control signal from controller to craft ) was OK but the downlink ( video feed + telemetry from craft to controller ) was bad. It can either be due to radio hardware problem or interference on the controller's side. The breaking and restoration of the downlink is rather periodic. Not sure if it suggests anything.

View attachment 120220

If it happens consistently I am afraid the only way to deal with it is to send it back to DJI for repair.

thanks so much! What tool did you use to generate that chart? Also just submitted a support request to DJI . I’m guessing the issue is a hardware one then, since it occurred in a few different locations . And it does seem to be degrading over time (more frequent)

Maybe I missed it, but I assume you've tried flying at different locations to determine if the problem might be caused by strong radio frequency interference (RFI) that is localized?

Maybe I missed it, but I assume you've tried flying at different locations to determine if the problem might be caused by strong radio frequency interference (RFI) that is localized?

yes. At first I thought it might have been caused by interference from something like cell tower. But the issue happened equally in 4 completely different locations

yes. At first I thought it might have been caused by interference from something like cell tower. But the issue happened equally in 4 completely different locations

Have you tried a different flight app like Litchi etc. to rule out DJI Go4 as the problem ?
Have you turned the phone to airplane mode ?
Delete and reinstall DJI Go4

Reactions: Kingsley Burton1
Hi
Did you resolve your disconnect issue....
I read this post with much interest, I also didnt use my M2 Zoom for a few months, then i had severe antenna and disconnect issues when I tried to fly. I tried in different locations and even tried my friends M2 which worked perfectly. I contacted DJI support and was given the details of DJI Service agent here in Thailand. They initially repaired the drone and sent it back. But the issue was even worse, now they have quoted $1000+ to replace the Core Board. I too dont understand why my Core Board would fail through lack of use.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost