DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com

Reactions: Droniac

Reactions: Droniac and Rchawks
Any of those reviews actually test flight and hover times? Have they tested the RC Pro or SC2 or whatever it is called to see in the compass works?

Which one of these people does an honest and thorough review?
Most (all?) of these people are either getting these products for free or getting a loaner to complete their review. Assuming they want to be able to continue doing reviews in the future, I doubt any of them are going to trash the product. Then again, DJI doesn't tend to make garbage products.

I like to watch the reviews to learn new bits and pieces that different reviewers think to share.

Most (all?) of these people are either getting these products for free or getting a loaner to complete their review. Assuming they want to be able to continue doing reviews in the future, I doubt any of them are going to trash the product. Then again, DJI doesn't tend to make garbage products.

I like to watch the reviews to learn new bits and pieces that different reviewers think to share.
I'm disinclined to believe that DJI doesn't make garbage products. My DJI Smart Controller is rapidly becoming one of my least favorite products. And DJI marketing lies for things like battery life and support are well past sour.

Reactions: thispilothere

I don't like that. If reviewers are being held hostage by the manufactures to give good reviews if things aren't deservingly so that's what we call biased reviews. If you aren't doing an honest review of a product for fear of not getting the next one you're review isn't a review, it's a sales pitch.

When is OriginaldoBo going to review this thing? He doesn't pull any punches when it comes to reviewing a product.

Reactions: maggior
I'm disinclined to believe that DJI doesn't make garbage products. My DJI Smart Controller is rapidly becoming one of my least favorite products. And DJI marketing lies for things like battery life and support are well past sour.
Oh really? Why so? I've kinda got stars in my eyes at the integration of the SC and the convenience of faster start ups and less devices to drag out when I want to go fly. Am I being naïve?

Reactions: maggior
Not too many Youtubers are going to spend $5000 out of pocket to review product on their own and maintain complete editorial independence.

Hell even a relatively large site like The Verge are getting loaners, not kit that they get to keep. They may eventually buy some of the products but not for everything that they review.

The reviewers who are still creating content 6 months or a year later either were given the equipment outright or purchased themselves.

would be nice if they disclosed that they got long-term loaners or were given the product versus they purchased on their own, either for the initial reviews or sone time after those reviews.

Reactions: mschaffer66
would be nice if they disclosed that they got long-term loaners or were given the product versus they purchased on their own
I think we can safely say none of the people listed above purchased the Mavic 3 used in their reviews.

I think we can safely say none of the people listed above purchased the Mavic 3 used in their reviews.
Sure and that is the practice with all tech product reviews now, so that the company can coordinate reviews with the actual public launch.

So they have to get them units to review weeks before the official launch date.

It doesn't mean the reviewers are compromised. That is unless the company is giving them other benefits, such as free trips, swag or maybe outright cash.

You just have to look the reviewer's track record, whether their reviews were mostly right.

I think the reviews would be interesting if they considered price in their review though. :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25