DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Semi-hard case compatible with both, Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Pro body

lomposlapos

Reactions
Looking for a fitted, semi-hard case that holds both, Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Pro (drone body only, without any accessories). It has to be lightweight and compact so can be placed into a big Pelican for travel.

This fits the Mavic 3, but not the Mavic 3 Pro.

Despite stating otherwise, this only fits Mavic 3, does not fit Mavic 3 Pro.

Something similar to the enclosed photos.

Attachments

• 710OrwAJsNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    710OrwAJsNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: GadgetGuy and Meta4
I tried and wanted it to work as I need a case which can hold both. The Mavic 3 fits, the Mavic 3 Pro doesn't, the end of the body does not fit in, tried inserting head-first and tail-first.

I tried and wanted it to work as I need a case which can hold both. The Mavic 3 fits, the Mavic 3 Pro doesn't, the end of the body does not fit in, tried inserting head-first and tail-first.
Anytime someone claims they have a non-oem fitted product (whether it's a pouch or case or skins, etc) that fits *both* then don't believe them useless the product has some pretty good give or flexibility or the description specifically said says so with certainty; not just in a list or like something where they took the product and added "pro" to the end. Make sure you can return it if you don't want a super tight fit or start cutting. Fact of the matter the rumor was spread early on that the M3P only had a different camera and too many ran with that when indeed they are different enough. Don't blame then when the M3 disappeared suddenly and left a lot of folks holding extra M3 accessories for Classic only.

Case returned. One reason I keep the Mavic 3 is the extra 3 min flight time. It sounds minimal, but we do lots of "at the limit" (overwater, above 1,000 m, etc.) flights.

Anytime someone claims they have a non-oem fitted product (whether it's a pouch or case or skins, etc) that fits *both* then don't believe them useless the product has some pretty good give or flexibility or the description specifically said says so with certainty
In this case, the description says so with certainty and also shows the drone in question being used with the product. And on top of that, it's a Sunnylife product. All signs point to the buy button for me.

In this case, the description says so with certainty and also shows the drone in question being used with the product. And on top of that, it's a Sunnylife product. All signs point to the buy button for me.
Only the title includes Mavic 3 Pro, and there is one misleading photo, but nothing in the detailed description states Mavic 3 Pro. Mavic 3 Classic is the only drone repeatedly referred to in the detailed description. The OP also clearly states the Mavic 3 Pro doesn't fit, even if it is a wonderful Sunnylife product for the Mavic 3 Classic.

The primary photo also only shows a drone sitting in the bottom, but not with the top over it, with the zipper properly closed. Also, not at all fully convinced that the depicted drone shown resting in the bottom of the case is actually a Mavic 3 Pro, and not the Mavic 3 Classic, which is the only drone repeatedly mentioned in the actual detailed description.

Both drones have the same thinner style gimbal strap, unlike the Mavic 3. Wouldn't be the first time Amazon mislabeled a product in the title, which is then properly described in the detailed description!

It's designed for the Mavic 3 Classic, and apparently is therefore too small for the larger Mavic 3 Pro.

Last edited:
The OP also clearly states the Mavic 3 Pro doesn't fit, even if it is a wonderful Sunnylife product for the Mavic 3 Classic
Indeed. And my apologies for any confusion. That comment was only directed toward @mavic3usa's reply.

As for the OP, I didn't realize he personally purchased both of the cases in the first post, tried them, and returned them.

not at all fully convinced that the depicted drone shown resting in the bottom of the case is actually a Mavic 3 Pro
See the photo from post #2 above. You can see "MAVIC 3 PRO" on the side of the drone (near the bottom of the photo).

Indeed. And my apologies for any confusion. That comment was only directed toward @mavic3usa's reply.

As for the OP, I didn't realize he personally purchased both of the cases in the first post, tried them, and returned them.

See the photo from post #2 above. You can see "MAVIC 3 PRO" on the side of the drone (near the bottom of the photo).
Cool! Good catch on the Mavic 3 Pro written on the side of the drone (which I missed), misleadingly placed in the bottom of a case clearly originally designed for the Mavic 3 Classic, which won't properly zip closed with the slightly larger Mavic 3 Pro inside it, despite the photos and the headline description of the ad. For a case to work, it has to do more than just fit inside the case bottom. Boots on the ground for the real "weather"(OP buying and testing.)

Are you referring to the picture in post number 2 ?
I was, but @msinger has set me straight on that aspect, which unfortunately still won't make it fit inside when the case is zipped closed, according to the OP. It is a Mavic 3 Pro, set into the bottom of the open case for display, where the footprint fits, but it still can't be zipped closed around it.

Reactions: Starz
It is a Mavic 3 Pro, set into the bottom of the open case for display, where the footprint fits, but it still can't be zipped closed around it.
It sounds like the OP is saying it won't even fit into the case like shown in the photo. It's almost as if the OP was sent the wrong product.

Amazon says: "Brand: Honlyn"
Box says: "Sunnylife B573 for Mavic 3 Pro/Mavic 3 Classic/Mavic 3
F-SDS-MV3-JSB48, X003U04G0X"

Mavic 3 fits.
Mavic 3 Pro does not fit. The drone rear would not sink into the case, not even without the props, forget zipping, have not even tried. (The front with longer gimbal cover fits.)

I am returning it.

(I have been using the older version of this, made and works for Mavic 3.)

If anyone comes across a solution, let me know.

It sounds like the OP is saying it won't even fit into the case like shown in the photo. It's almost as if the OP was sent the wrong product.
I have the same Sunnylife case that I bought for the Mavic 3, which would also undoubtedly fit the Mavic 3 Classic, as repeatedly described in the detailed Amazon description, which never mentions the Mavic 3 Pro, but the Sunnylife Mavic 3 case certainly doesn't fit my Mavic 3 Pro. I just checked. Can't even be fit in the lower half, as the OP states, let alone zippered in.

OP was clearly sent a Mavic 3 Classic case, but whether there truly is a newer, larger Sunnylife Mavic 3 Pro case still remains to be seen. If there is, I am definitely a customer for one, too! These Sunnylife cases are the perfect way to safely pack a drone alone in a larger backpack or luggage.

whether there truly is a newer, larger Sunnylife Mavic 3 Pro case still remains to be seen. If there is, I am definitely a customer for one, too! These Sunnylife cases are the perfect way to safely pack a drone alone in a larger backpack or luggage.
Let me know if you see one. I am looking for one that can take both M3 and M3Pro, I am using these interchangeably.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas