DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 - Mechanical Shutter and Drone Deploy compatibility?

well, that sucks. I was hoping for mapping functionality. Looks like I will have to sell mine and get something else. I have M2P, but wanted longer battery life, hence the M3
DJI’s GSP product may not support M3… they haven’t expanded GSP much… Last update over 8 months ago.

Although when SDK is released, you’ll see most 3rd Party add the M3 to their product. That will most likely include MapsMadeEasy, Flight Plan, Litchi, DroneLink, UsGS, etc.

Mapping should be available in near future.

If Craft FW will support Waypoints and Autonomous missions is an unknown... If not, like all the Fly App crafts (Air2, Mini2,etc) will require a connection to Radio & App to send mission data to craft. Your M2P can continue to fly mission if radio connection is interrupted or lost… like all crafts on the Go4App.

Reactions: Lambda
DJI’s GSP product may not support M3… they haven’t expanded GSP much… Last update over 8 months ago.

Although when SDK is released, you’ll see most 3rd Party add the M3 to their product. That will most likely include MapsMadeEasy, Flight Plan, Litchi, DroneLink, UsGS, etc.

Mapping should be available in near future.

If Craft FW will support Waypoints and Autonomous missions is an unknown... If not, like all the Fly App crafts (Air2, Mini2,etc) will require a connection to Radio & App to send mission data to craft. Your M2P can continue to fly mission if radio connection is interrupted or lost… like all crafts on the Go4App.
I use GSP when flying my MP2. I wonder why they rammed the M3 through without so many of the MP2 features?

I use GSP when flying my MP2. I wonder why they rammed the M3 through without so many of the MP2 features?
It looks to be associated to the flight control app. All Fly App crafts are similar and all Go4App crafts are similar. The Go4App crafts have Firmware & on Craft processors that can fly autonomously, including storing waypoint on board,

The Fly App crafts can not… if the M3‘s FW does or eventually does will be the first for Fly App crafts... That suggests it probably won’t support autonomous missions.

It looks to be associated to the flight control app. All Fly App crafts are similar and all Go4App crafts are similar. The Go4App crafts have Firmware & on Craft processors that can fly autonomously, including storing waypoint on board,

The Fly App crafts can not… if the M3‘s FW does or eventually does will be the first for Fly App crafts... That suggests it probably won’t support autonomous missions.
Does the same apply if I use the smart controller?

Does the same apply if I use the smart controller?
The Smart Controller still uses FLY App... Android version.
It's not Controller based, it's the FW within the Craft and it's limitations designed by DJI. Which so far indicates FLY App crafts have those limitations.

Although, once SDK is available to Developers, the functionality will be available in 3rd Party apps.

Reactions: microlinux
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters