DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 Propeller

Ethanngo1307

Reactions
Hello,

I flew my mavic 3 into some branches, the orange tips got damaged, everything else was fine, no cracks or anything on the propeller. Should I replace or can keep using it?

Thank you

Normally I would tell you , your good to go as my cats chew my props pretty good on the Air 2S Min 2 and Mavic 2.

The mavic 3 is a bit different its a lot Heavier , more expensive , So for that reason Im out, "Barbra from the Tank"
Replace the Props.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water and Catch the Quote.
2021-12-10_15h33_20.png

Reactions: Ethanngo1307
Bin them, they will be out of balance and cause vibration which will stress the drone and the motor bearings.

If you were really stuffed and couldn't get replacement props I suppose it would be possible to file off the damage at the end of each damaged blade and file off the end of the corresponding other-blade but its going to be rather difficult to position the blades correctly for each balance test let alone getting the balance correct.

I have a set of pattern or after-market props for a P3 (the props are rigid one piece affairs) and you can feel the vibrations caused by their imbalance.
I have a prop balancing rig and decided to try balancing one prop. When the balance was near correct I was surprised how the removal of tiny amounts of material changed the balance of the prop, and I mean a single stroke with a modeller's needle file made a significant difference.
I really wouldn't like to have to try it with a collapsible bladed prop.

Last edited:
Definitely replace those! Don't fly with them. Performance will suffer. They were good enough to get you home, like a run-flat tire, but should be replaced ASAP. The left one is definitely not usable, except in an emergency!
Thank you, I replaced them both!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Bin them, they will be out of balance and cause vibration which will stress the drone and the motor bearings.

If you were really stuffed and couldn't get replacement props I suppose it would be possible to file off the damage at the end of each damaged blade and file off the end of the corresponding other-blade but its going to be rather difficult to position the blades correctly for each balance test let alone getting the balance correct.

I have a set of pattern or after-market props for a P3 (the props are rigid one piece affairs) and you can feel the vibrations caused by their imbalance.
I have a prop balancing rig and decided to try balancing one prop. When the balance was near correct I was surprised how the removal of tiny amounts of material changed the balance of the prop, and I mean a single stroke with a modeller's needle file made a significant difference.
I really wouldn't like to have to try it with a collapsible bladed prop.
Thank you for sharing, I binned them and had a new pair for the drone!

Should not have to ask. Always replace damaged propellers. Cheap fix.
I did not mean to be cheap, just asking is it really necessary if it has a small damages. It all adds up, just saying. Would you change a new tire every time you hit a small nail?

I did not mean to be cheap, just asking is it really necessary if it has a small damages. It all adds up, just saying. Would you change a new tire every time you hit a small nail?
On that point, in the UK at least, possibly! From memory any damage to the tyre's sidewall means the tyre MUST be scrapped.

Getting back to M3 props, if you now have no spare props, remember to order some.

Props are so cheap and yet so critical to flying safely that if there is ever a doubt, just replace them. I check mine regularly and if I see the slightest change from "as new", it gets new props.
Actually, at $20 a pair, they aren’t cheap, but they are essential!
They are the only thing keeping your drone in the air! 🤣

Reactions: CanadaDrone
I just bought some Master Screws Stealth Props. Not cheap but quiet and sexy! View attachment 151383
Yes, I missed the Holiday Weekend sale. Were they 20% off or 30% off on the M3 props? I find the Master Screw props to be quite a bit more brittle and fragile than the DJI stock props, discoverable only when "tree trimming" or in a crash. I've shied away from them because of that. I suspect the stock DJI props might more easily enable a recovery, before falling to the ground, after inadvertent "tree trimming."

Last edited:
Yes, I missed the Holiday Weekend sale. Were they 20% off or 30% off on the M3 props? I find the Master Screw props to be quite a bit more brittle and fragile than the DJI stock props, discoverable only when "tree trimming" or in a crash. I've shied away from them because of that. I suspect the stock DJI props might more easily enable a recovery, before falling to the ground, after inadvertent "tree trimming."
Trees are the Bain of a drone pilots existence.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldutson