DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air 2 Pre-Order Special

Watching this train wreck of a thread has been an amusing farce of first world problems. Patience truly is a virtue.

While I get what you are saying, I am not so sure how happy you would have been if you had purchased a "pre-order" and were still waiting on parts of that order a month after release of the drone. Maybe my interpretation of a pre-order is different to you, but for me, pre-order means getting something the day of release or at least very shortly thereafter.

Case delivered, very solid. Hinges are extremely stiff. It's smaller, but heavier than I expected

After loading it up, it's too bad there's no place for at least a phone. It does fit very snug and closing the list does hold everything in place very well
also not enough room for my tablet holder.
Great for travel, will need to see about day to day.

Last edited:
Isn't this their own thread? I would think they would/are watching it, the least they could do is chime in and update/save face I would think. I almost went that route but did not at the last minute.

Reactions: TwoLiterSoda
oh they are watching it. They(properly) do not want to get dragged into a back and forth here. If you want to communicate with then do it through email on your order.

If I were them I'd be staying out of this thread as well. I think they had best intentions but just dropped the ball. That said I have my drone, and my case and am happy now(wasn't earlier) and would be very displeased if I was still waiting.

Reactions: TwoLiterSoda
Received the free GPC case today from EmpireDrone, This was a special deal from the first preorders when Mavic Air was released.

Looks and handles well, I’m set!

Thank you EmpireDrone!
Paul

549307E9-ED19-4E76-80C3-4602E4394D4E.jpeg19E55190-1E51-4506-911B-2B343AA76E85.jpeg

Reactions: naiku
congrats. I agree it's a nice case. went looking for some foam tonight(locally not online) and all I could find was pick and pluck which I don't like. I want to create a custom insert with space for a tablet. Other than that this case is great. I love the clasps. I do wish the drone and controller sat a little deeper in the foam, but it's nit picky.

congrats. I agree it's a nice case. went looking for some foam tonight(locally not online) and all I could find was pick and pluck which I don't like. I want to create a custom insert with space for a tablet. Other than that this case is great. I love the clasps. I do wish the drone and controller sat a little deeper in the foam, but it's nit picky.
Thanks!

I’m like you, don’t care for pick and pluck foam it eventually starts to fall apart. I place my tablet behind the upper vinyl/foam portion on top lid depending on type of case. You may want to experiment with this, create a slot for tablet to stay secured behind upper foam or vinyl whatever the case may have.

Yes, This free case from EmpireDrone is very nice, I’m very pleased.

Good luck!

Paul

Thanks!

I’m like you, don’t care for pick and pluck foam it eventually starts to fall apart. I place my tablet behind the upper vinyl/foam portion on top lid depending on type of case. You may want to experiment with this, create a slot for tablet to stay secured behind upper foam or vinyl whatever the case may have.

Yes, This free case from EmpireDrone is very nice, I’m very pleased.

Good luck!

Paul
Can you send a pic? I have this GPC case from Empire like you. I'd rather not destroy the main foam insert
Also not sure if you just put it there for the pic, but I would not leave that tablet holder like that on the controller when closing the case. Seem it might wear or damage controller over time. Maybe over the travel adapter?

Can you send a pic? I have this GPC case from Empire like you. I'd rather not destroy the main foam insert
Also not sure if you just put it there for the pic, but I would not leave that tablet holder like that on the controller when closing the case. Seem it might wear or damage controller over time. Maybe over the travel adapter?
Sure, it’s easily fitted behind foam. With the GPC case you have, carefully peel away one corner just enough so your iPad will slip in from behind foam. If you peel too much foam away from case, you can always dab a few strips of glue to secure foam to upper case.

The foam will stay in place with iPad tucked behind, even with lid open. With other type of cases with vinyl, the iPad tucks in behind vinyl. Just beware when opening case lid with vinyl backing the iPad is secure, and won’t skip out from sides of vinyl when opening lid.

Here are two pics, one with foam the other with vinyl.

Happy flying ?
Paul

E895EABB-0690-4E0A-BD15-144AD3431A69.jpeg
0A4C818D-F6C2-454D-91AD-8C5DB386F4AD.jpeg16071095-9E92-4310-A6E3-BC1D12F04F00.jpeg

ahh I see what you did. Not a lot of protection for ipad, but still good if you need to carry it. I lucked out and realized I had some pieces of polyethylene foam on my porch. I am in the process of making a custom insert. Not sure about having room for tablet, but definitely should be able to reorganize space for the tablet holder and a phone. Assuming I don't mess it up I'll post pics when I'm done cutting of my ban saw :cool: and have it put together

Hey Everyone,

To date all orders for the drones and cases have been fulfilled. We apologize for the wait and any confusion that may have resulted from this pre-order. For anyone who has ever managed an online pre-order you know how incredibly challenging it is to not have a few hiccups along the way. Incorrect communication from DJI, Covid-19 shipping delays from DJI, case shipment delays from GPC, having to re-order batches from distributors (while taking a financial hit) to get the missing drones from DJI, we've faced it all with this pre-order.

Yes the drones were not shipped the day after release, yes we could have communicated better, and yes we apologize that some of you initially experienced an issue getting a refund. We are not a Drone Nerds, and we know that, but we did our best and will continually do our best to provide the community we love great deals.

We hope you are enjoying your Mavic Airs 2's and free GPC cases. It's a awesome machine, we love ours! If anyone still needs an Air 2 we've updated our combo which includes the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo, GPC Case, and DJI Care Refresh Card for $1099. All items are in stock.
DJI Mavic Air 2 Ultimate Combo | Empire Drone Company

Best Regards,
Sean

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre