DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Mavic Air crashed.. attitude mode?

Actually she s my wife [emoji4]

But the blades are ok. THe motor got some sand inside.... hope dji can ffix that

Thks goodness it didnt flew like a headless chicken towards your wife man!

I feel ur pain bro, i crashed my 1 mth old mavic air due to manufacturer defects then.

Mine went into the salt water sea. And in short my bird drowned [emoji23].

Learn from it, and im still flying and learning new features even since.

Good luck!

Last edited:
The answer is response #2 - you had nothing like the minimum recommended satellites when you took off, hence your drone couldn’t maintain its position, went into ATTI mode, and you failed to control it. Been flying an MA for long?

Yoz bro, just a quick question. ( might sounds silly)

In this situation , would ‘pause’ prevented the crash?

Unlikely, as was said, there was insufficient GPS lock to provide automatic stability

Thks bro! Well noted...

Was looking for a kind of answer like,
It will stabilise and hover. However without gos location ‘lock’ it might be drifting. [emoji23]

Because it kind of like scary if the bird fly like crazy as in the video. My priority is not to injure anyone.
Any suggestion what should we do in these situation? Fighting to regain control helps, or just pull the left stick down and land it asap?

Thks bro! Well noted...

Was looking for a kind of answer like,
It will stabilise and hover. However without gos location ‘lock’ it might be drifting. [emoji23]

Because it kind of like scary if the bird fly like crazy as in the video. My priority is not to injure anyone.
Any suggestion what should we do in these situation? Fighting to regain control helps, or just pull the left stick down and land it asap?
The simplest answer is.... “don’t takeoff until you can see at least 12 satellites on your RC”

Reactions: Air_Joe
The less expensive educational path is to get a cheap drone without GPS and learn to keep it in the air. Once you can handle that then spring for the $1000 drone. At least that's what I did.

Thats one of the good way.

Nah, was asking just as a ‘precaution’ in case it happen.
So far, ive been watching tons of youtubes, reading up almost everyday.
Practicing flight every 2-3 days, 3 batt each time.

I believe practicing and improve handling of your bird better, not other way out.
And of coz information, keeps u well notified of what to expect if u try somethg, thru experience from other pilots.

Have had MA for a while, so far so good. [emoji1360]

Can you actually manually practice flying in ATTI mode to be prepared (just in case)? Because I haven't found a solution to do so yet...

Bud, after you get it fixed. Do yourself a favor a read the manual, or at least the start up guide. At least learn the basic fundementals of drone flying, watch a few youtube videos. You'll save yourself a future headache and $ in the long run...Good Luck

Its worth noting that these drones CAN fly and be stable without GPS - for example, when you fly indoors there is no GPS - but the positioning sensors the drone needs to hold a hover and assess its movement relative to ground don't work when you are over water - as water moves.

The advice given above - to ensure you have 12+ satellites locked before flying outdoors - is good. If you choose to fly in locations where you aren't going to get that, such as indoors, in deep valleys, or urban canyons (ie NYC), THEN you have to be sure that the surface the drone is flying over is suitable for the sensors to detect movement. Carpet, concrete, grass, etc all have texture the sensors can read - and they dont move. Waves breaking on shore - not so much.

So to be nit-picky I think that the cause of this incident was that the surface under the drone wasnt suitable for Position mode operation, so it dropped to ATTI mode, and user had no experience in controlling a drone in ATTI mode.

Can you actually manually practice flying in ATTI mode to be prepared (just in case)? Because I haven't found a solution to do so yet...
I have read of some who put aluminium foil on the top surface of the drone to mask the connection to the satellites. Not sure if this was successful

Its worth noting that these drones CAN fly and be stable without GPS - for example, when you fly indoors there is no GPS - but the positioning sensors the drone needs to hold a hover and assess its movement relative to ground don't work when you are over water - as water moves.

The advice given above - to ensure you have 12+ satellites locked before flying outdoors - is good. If you choose to fly in locations where you aren't going to get that, such as indoors, in deep valleys, or urban canyons (ie NYC), THEN you have to be sure that the surface the drone is flying over is suitable for the sensors to detect movement. Carpet, concrete, grass, etc all have texture the sensors can read - and they dont move. Waves breaking on shore - not so much.

So to be nit-picky I think that the cause of this incident was that the surface under the drone wasnt suitable for Position mode operation, so it dropped to ATTI mode, and user had no experience in controlling a drone in ATTI mode.

Great explanation and examples pal, many thks for enlightening!?

Can anyone explain, why the drone is not auto braking in atti mode? I understand why it cannot hold position without a gps signal, but I don't see a reason why it cannot automatically set back the propeller tilt to neutral after you have left the sticks.

Can anyone explain, why the drone is not auto braking in atti mode? I understand why it cannot hold position without a gps signal, but I don't see a reason why it cannot automatically set back the propeller tilt to neutral after you have left the sticks.
In atti mode the drone's tilt does go to neutral when the sticks are released, but without position data, the drone's inertia keeps it skidding through the air.

Don't. This is unlikely to eliminate all GPS signals, and the ones that do get in will be weak and noisy ie problematic.

I think the signal's going up?
The signals come down from multiple satellites. Nothing goes up.

As long as your controller says you have 12 satellites or more in use, there is not much to worry about with GPS.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada