DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI mavic air escapes collision with kite

Great video! Nice work! I love videos like this.
To soothe all the worry warts, you just need to put a screen in the beginning that says
"No innocent Kite surfers were killed or injured during this flight"
And if there had been an injury......?

And if there had been an injury......?
That can be a dangerous sport. I would bet on that day there were at least a couple minor injuries. Rope burns, twisted ankles, sun stroke, maybe even a jelly fish or two.
If you are suggesting that injuries caused by drones is a common thing, you would be mistaken. It is a needle and haystack argument. It IS possible, but as likely as a lightning strike.
If something would have happened, it would be on the pilot.
So why cant you just enjoy the beautiful video without feeling the need to police the hobby?
Take a few minutes to find and show me a few cases where someone was killed by a mavic pro, Tell you what, I'll even settle for a case where someone has been hospitalized for more than an afternoon because of a drone hit.

I’m not going to respond because it will just turn another thread into a should / shouldn’t argument - can we just agree to disagree?

I’m not going to respond because it will just turn another thread into a should / shouldn’t argument - can we just agree to disagree?
Fair enough, My first reply to this was not directed to anyone in particular, but to the whole "sky is falling" bunch.
It was a nice video, posted for us to enjoy and then the OP was being drilled about safety issues that have never even actually been an issue. If you could rig a Mavic pro to carry a dozen grape fruit, and be able to drop them one by one TRYING to hit someone. I think we can agree it would be nearly impossible. But not as hard as an out of control drone finding that 2 square feet with a human in it to crash in.
If you dont wish to discuss safety, DONT!

why didnt you just ascend 100 feet and fly above,no use taking risks

Keep calm tho there are no injured or got killed in this video just remind the safety measures in this kind of situation.

Dude, ok, so you had an error in judgment. Happens to the best of us.
But like my Dad always told me, “It’s only a mistake if you make it twice.”
So, live and learn.
By the way, that was some really awesome video you shot. Beautiful stuff!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada