DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Fireworks settings

Here's mine from Monday night:

4k, 24 fps, ISO 1600, 1/50th of a second shutter, cloudy white balance, manual focus.

Reactions: tictag
Looks good! Nice job! Definitely fun to get fireworks with the mavic.

Seen a few more mavic fireworks videos. Very impressed with the footage mavic can get. ISO 1600 looks pretty good too. Hope more people post fireworks videos as I'ved enjoyed watching them all.

Reactions: Mr. Salty
Tried yesterday to shot fireworks video with automatic setting except:
Manual focus, WB Cloudy, -0.3EV, 2.7k/30Fps
I'm not so satisfied because there is a king of noise all around the 4 sides (look 3rd picture extracted from the movie).
I'll have to add the sound we recorded at ~2m from the fireworks departures.

20196254_10211567484196668_562615380_o.png 20133299_10211567484116666_1323712521_o.png vlcsnap-error397.png

Ps: Im' one of the pyrotechnician who made the firework.
I'm looking to improve these shots as I have another firework to make on the 22th from 3 boats at once.
I'll take the base of Mr. Salty's previous post which seems way better.

Tried yesterday to shot fireworks video with automatic setting except:
Manual focus, WB Cloudy, -0.3EV, 2.7k/30Fps
I'm not so satisfied because there is a king of noise all around the 4 sides (look 3rd picture extracted from the movie).
I'll have to add the sound we recorded at ~2m from the fireworks departures.

View attachment 17354 View attachment 17355 View attachment 17356

Ps: Im' one of the pyrotechnician who made the firework.
I'm looking to improve these shots as I have another firework to make on the 22th from 3 boats at once.
I'll take the base of Mr. Salty's previous post which seems way better.

What iso were you using in this? Looks like a great show bud!

Didn't you encounter focusing problems in this low-light situation or did you focus manually?

I focused to infinity when hovering about five feet off the ground. I focused on a light pole about ten meters away. As soon as I focused I switched to manual so it locked my focus in.

I think it worked out quite well for my first time. It's very difficult to focus when up in the air in the night time.

Reactions: Ivo and Balko
I focused to infinity when hovering about five feet off the ground. I focused on a light pole about ten meters away. As soon as I focused I switched to manual so it locked my focus in.

I think it worked out quite well for my first time. It's very difficult to focus when up in the air in the night time.

Yes, so very difficult to focus up in the air with low light.
Will try out your way.

Thanks!

Yes, so very difficult to focus up in the air with low light.
Will try out your way.

Thanks!

Definetly give it a try. Focus on the ground to something that is bright a few meters away. If our focus is clear on the ground you'll be fine. Then switch to manual after it auto focused. You'll be good to go. Good luck.

Reactions: Balko
Definetly give it a try. Focus on the ground to something that is bright a few meters away. If our focus is clear on the ground you'll be fine. Then switch to manual after it auto focused. You'll be good to go. Good luck.

Thank you, PM160
!

"Same" shutter speed at fps? Interesting. Goes against the convention wisdom of the 180 rule
Remember that 'rule' is entirely subjective, a 'rule of thumb' really. It's just a way to have 'pleasing' motion blur in the image and it's what we're used to from broadcast video. Who's to say that 1/25s @ 25fps isn't the perfect setting for 'pleasing firework trails'? I'm just saying that it's subjective ... there are no 'rules' as such.

Don't forget you have a x2 digital zoom ... useful for fine-tuning focus at night. Just don't do it whilst recording, though, like I did!

Made my first good video of fireworks on a show I was working on, these are the setting commonly used:
4K 24fps
800 to 1600 ISO
1/50th shutter
Cloudy WB
Manual focus

Remember that 'rule' is entirely subjective, a 'rule of thumb' really. It's just a way to have 'pleasing' motion blur in the image and it's what we're used to from broadcast video. Who's to say that 1/25s @ 25fps isn't the perfect setting for 'pleasing firework trails'? I'm just saying that it's subjective ... there are no 'rules' as such.
haha, tell that to my video editors. There are rules for professional work, where trained people can see the differences. It depends on end use also, if it's just for yourself and you love it, then cool, do what you want. Also not an AccaDacca fan but in Australia that is *the* go-to song for firework displays, and it's kinda perfect.

Nice work, I struggled last night to capture the various home fireworks shows in my neighboorhood and surrounding ones, mostly having focus issues. I never checked the ISO, but wouldn’t be surprised if I left it low, as I was more occupied with focusing than anything else, and never got a good result. (Using Litchi), I sure wish that one of the wheels could be used for manual focus.

Your video looks great, I would like to see it from a little more distance from the launch site, but still, looks cool, great job!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa