DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers and Mavic Quick-release Folding Propeller Comparison

JoeCec

Reactions

I received the new DJI low noise propellers for the Mavic Pro Platinum. I do not own a Platinum edition Mavic I only own the original Mavic Pro, but we will be able to get a sense of what these new blades are all about.

I've looked through many threads and mostly saw discussion on the noise level. I'm more interested to find out the performance level, and I think I saw someone mention that the platinum props require less rpms, while someone else mentioned they seem to make their drone slower. I've only flown with platinum props for about a minute and it seemed it made my Mavic faster, I have yet to find a calm day to do accurate testing. The OP here finds the platinum props to be faster, which I think is accurate, given their design (wider, longer, curvy). I'm going to see if I can find some youtube tests.

Summary: 1) platinum slightly quieter, perhaps the difference is more evident the higher up it is

2) platinum props have lower rpm's, so more efficient and less wear on the motors and slightly less battery drainage

3) platinum blades - slightly more flight time (this test only showed a 15 second difference down to 20% battery)
4) speed - this test showed the standard props are faster than the platinum, contrary to the OP's test.

another video:

result: no speed difference between platinum or standard props

Result: 1) platinum quieter 2) lower rpm's, 3) 34 seconds longer down to 20% battery (no speed test)

1) more efficient (longer flight time) 2) quieter (no speed test).

1:47 longer flight time with platinum props down to 0% battery ....no speed test

So there is not much info out there on the speed performance, but by all means, platinum props do seem to be a better choice. I'll do my own speed test when the weather gets nicer and will post here the results.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daptone
2) platinum props have lower rpm's, so more efficient and less wear on the motors and slightly less battery drainage
Considering the 'work being done' to counteract gravity is much the same this point might not be entirely true.
Perhaps each revolution is actually putting more strain on the motor bearings?
A bit like slightly labouring an engine to stay in a higher gear, generally not a good thing even for fuel economy.

The onboard system is very good at continuously adjusting the speed of each rotor to make the Mavic stay on station or move as requested by the controller.
It doesn't know anything about the design of the props, it can only make them spin faster or slower until the desired effect is achieved.

It doesn't know anything about the design of the props, it can only make them spin faster or slower until the desired effect is achieved.

But if the props are creating more pressure by virtue of their design, the motors are able to spin slower to achieve the desired result, versus standard props. Don't lower rpm's on a car translate to fuel economy and less engine wear? Wouldn't same hold true for the Mavic battery and motors? Hence the slightly longer flight time (as to the battery, i.e. fuel economy).

I bought some purely because I needed new props and I saw a set of 4 lie noise on Amazon for £12 with great reviews.
Look cool with the gold tips, work the same and fit no problem. Are noticeably quieter but it's hardly a stealth drone.
I wouldn't buy them just for the noise reduction.

yawn.....sorry, this horse was dead months ago already.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike