DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic mini(1) not connecting to R/C

Brayden

Reactions
so i was flying my drone in my room which was in an altitude zone and enhanced warning zone which I unlocked but didn't realise if was for a day. I didn't realise that i needed to unlock it again but my drone was already in the air (this was a couple days later). it told me to land it before it will land itself, so I landed it. the warning was still up and by the time the countdown finished, the drone disconnected. I tried reconnecting the drone but it wouldn't work.

I used it a couple days before with no trouble with connection, it was even able to fly 1km away. The drone only has less that 1hour of fly time on it.

every time I try to put the drone into pairing mode by holding down the button on the drone for 4seconds, the drone will just beep but not actually go into pairing mode (it tells me when the lights go in a wave).

there was some times when the drone did connect to the R/C but I couldn't move either item or it will disconnect but this was only sometimes

here is the list of things I've done to reconnect the drone.

-take out sim card

-recharge all he batteries

-update software (when the drone was connected to the R/C)

-go into an area without any restrictions

-connecting the drone to the R/C with a cable

-leaving it for a few days

I think the aircraft is the main problem as it wont go into pairing mode and it wont connect to the R/C which will go in pairing mode

Any help will be appreciated

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum and sure someone here can help you. 👍👍

Try holding the drone'd button down for more than 4 seconds. I just hold it down until I get the sequential light thing but have the impression it is sometimes takes longer than 4 seconds. I swap controllers quite frequently.
By Simm card do you mean the memory card?

Connecting the drone to the controller via cable does nothing, BTW how did you do that? That would be micro USB to micro USB, an unusual arrangement.

Have you dropped or crashed either the drone or the controller? I am wondering if there is a damaged antennae or connection somewhere.

Do you have a friend with a Mavic Mini that would allow you to try their drone with your controller and their controller with your drone?

Reactions: dirkclod
Try holding the drone'd button down for more than 4 seconds. I just hold it down until I get the sequential light thing but have the impression it is sometimes takes longer than 4 seconds. I swap controllers quite frequently.

Connecting the drone to the controller via cable does nothing, BTW how did you do that? That would be micro USB to micro USB, an unusual arrangement.

Have you dropped or crashed either the drone or the controller? I am wondering if there is a damaged antennae or connection somewhere.

Do you have a friend with a Mavic Mini that would allow you to try their drone with your controller and their controller with your drone?
Thank you for answering. He messaged a few of us but I asked him to ask here. He did and I appreciate all the help he can get in the forum. 👍👍👍

Yes, when I do say sim card I mean memory card and when u connected the drone and controller with cable, I used the cable included with the controller so it went from the controller to micro usb.

I also don't have anyone else that I know that has a mavit mini1

I will try to hold down the button for more than 4 seconds in around 7h as I have work to do

Thanks for your help. I hope it works

I used the cable included with the controller so it went from the controller to micro usb.
Ahhh that's novel.

If the longer push doesn't work then I have only one other suggestion and I do not know if it is an effective one. Refresh the drone's firmware, to do that :-

1) Download and instal on your computer the appropriate DJI Assistant2 assistant-dji-2-for-mavic I have only used it on a Windows machine.
2) Start the program and let it boot.
3) Connect a USB cable to your drone but DO NOT connect it, yet, to the computer.
4) With a well charged battery in the drone, switch the drone on and within 15 seconds of switch drone switch on connect the USB cable to the computer. If you miss the 15 second windows disconnect the USB cable from the computer, switch the drone off and then repeat step 4). I would suggest opening the drone's arm to the flying position and directing the out put of a fan over and under the drone to cool the drone. Given you are in Australia that is probably quite important.
5) It has been a while since I did this but if the drone successfully connected to the Assistant 2 I think you see 2 or more options. One concerns the logs and is of no interest to you, the logs are unreadable even if you download them. Another option relates to the firmware, open that option by clicking on it, in there I recollect you will see an option to refresh the firmware, if you see the option do refresh the firmware and take note of the firmware version.
6) If the refresh succeeds switch the drone off after the refresh has finished, disconnect the USB cable, reboot the drone and see if you can get the pairing mode.

Incidentally, you can update or check the firmware on the controller using the assistant 2 but I do not remember if there are time limited connection windows. I also do not know which controller firmware corresponds to which drone firmware.

1) Download and instal on your computer the appropriate DJI Assistant2 assistant-dji-2-for-mavic I have only used it on a Windows machine.
2) Start the program and let it boot.
3) Connect a USB cable to your drone but DO NOT connect it, yet, to the computer.
4) With a well charged battery in the drone, switch the drone on and within 15 seconds of switch drone switch on connect the USB cable to the computer. If you miss the 15 second windows disconnect the USB cable from the computer, switch the drone off and then repeat step 4). I would suggest opening the drone's ds switch the drone off after the refresh has finished, disconnect the USB cable, reboot the drone and see if you can get the pairing mode.
should i keep the memory card in or should i take it out?

and should i download the exe or the zip for the dji assistance

I would leave the memory card out of the drone for now.

In terms of the end result I do not know whether it is better to download the exe or zip, you probably end up installing the same thing, the exe? I can't remember what I did.
If you are paying for download size then go with Zip, it should be the smaller of the two. That assumes you can extract the Zip once you have it.

Last edited:
Sorry I havnt responded, I've only just got the chance to do it. So I'll update you

I've downloaded the app and done all the steps you've told me to do but multiple things can happen. I'll list on what can happen

The drone connects, I refresh the software and it goes through the downloading and transmitting phase but with the updating phase, it will go to 100% but the drone will disconnect then reconnect multiple times until it just disconnects and the drone lights go in the wave pattern but it is a lot slower. After a while the drone turns off by itself.I tried connecting the RC at this point but it won't work.

Another thing that happens it that when it goes through the updating phase and goes to 100% it could also turn off instantly.

The most common one is when I connect the drone to the computer and a pop-up comes up saying
*the last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it.
Try reconnecting the device. If Windows still does not recognise it, your device may not be working properly*

I've changed the cables used another computer and tried it on Windows 10 and 11

I've also used batteries that was 100% doing this and with the sd card out.

Is there anything else I can try to do to fix tmy drone?

Hi Brayden!
I have a Mini 1 and I had to update the controller to get a connection as well as the Drone.

Don’t know if this will help you, but it worked for me. Good luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54