DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI MAVIC MINI Beautiful Cinematography

Reactions
Hey Guys, I'm 16 years old and I just got a DJI Mavic Mini. I post drone Edited Drone Videos to youtube. I love working on Premiere Pro to edit them, but I was wondering if you all had any tips. I always want to improve my flying and editing skills so Reply away! I hope one day that I'll be able to do something with my drone Photography. Please Give advice, I'm open to all feedback.

Here is one of my videos, but I'm making one right now that is finally in 2.7k. This one I accidentally upscaled rather than shot in.

Thanks So Much For The Support!! I hope to get to 1000 SUBS one day, so only if you want. Hit the button!

Fisher Hirsch Photography

Last edited:
Reactions: IShouldBeWorking
Welcome to the forum :)

Heeey! Welcome!

Do more cropping. Some of the scenes are too long, some of them looks like stand still images with zoom out. More practice and everything will be perfect! Thumbswayup

Very nice early effort! Here are a few things you could try:
  • Shots with simultaneous movements in multiple directions. Try climbing, moving forward and panning downward centered on a subject all at once to make a shot really dynamic.
  • Try a greater variety of movements and mix them up in your final edit. Climbing shot, then an orbiting shot, then a pan, etc.
  • If you’re looking to monetize your channel as it grows, switch to royalty free music and get ready to take your part 107.
  • Keep shot length and total video length down. Shorter shots can make things more dynamic and interesting. Viewership drops off big time after just a minute or 2 in most cinematic drone vids.
Mostly, just have fun and find what works for you. Find subjects that are interesting from the air, like that car going down the road. Just keep flying. ? Good luck!

Very nice early effort! Here are a few things you could try:
  • Shots with simultaneous movements in multiple directions. Try climbing, moving forward and panning downward centered on a subject all at once to make a shot really dynamic.
  • Try a greater variety of movements and mix them up in your final edit. Climbing shot, then an orbiting shot, then a pan, etc.
  • If you’re looking to monetize your channel as it grows, switch to royalty free music and get ready to take your part 107.
  • Keep shot length and total video length down. Shorter shots can make things more dynamic and interesting. Viewership drops off big time after just a minute or 2 in most cinematic drone vids.
Mostly, just have fun and find what works for you. Find subjects that are interesting from the air, like that car going down the road. Just keep flying. ? Good luck!
Thanks so much. I just watched a video on different shots. I will definitely try those soon. Hearing stuff like this is awesome.

Reactions: IShouldBeWorking
You may think it's not relevant to what you do, but watch main stream movies, especially their opening sequences. Watch how often they change the view, how they switch views to break up the shots. There's a reason why professionals shoot the way they do, to convey an emotion and keep your interest. No reason you can't do the same.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne