DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji mavic mini gps problems

If it changes anything this is my MM.It has 2 gears,rcgeek strobflash and a gimbal shield.I dont think they mess with anything.One thing i tried today outside my apartment starting with no gps inside then when it got out of the window (had the propguard attached to see any reaction) it says payload message and had 0 sats cpuld find sats ,and then i landed it in the street restarted the remote control then the drone picked 6 or 5 sats(why it picks sats if i restart the rc and not when was already connected when it gor out from my window???).take off from the street it said max altitude reached 4.5 meters!!!had to go down to reach for it it couldnt go up more than this.Strage maybe too weight.

Try to test it without the strobe? Maybe something is interfering? Just a guess......

I made a test today in another spot in the city with 30 meter buildings around and still very weak i could get stable 12 sats at 20 meters but as soon as i MOVED away from the buildings(with the intention of having less interference) in altitude or horizontal it would mess and go even to 0.Looks like the buldings act as a gps transmitter.Strange thing it does not lose gps if i dont move it if i let it hover.Even more strange everytime i have weak signal gps code 30008 i have sensor error message but maybe this is normal.Tomorrow im going for another test on the hill i got good results the other day.The more tests i make the more im sure that its hardware related but i need to change spots only that in quarantine is difficoult to move and even more difficoult to ship to dji it would take forever.

Another test outside the city.I posted my flight record.This is defenitely smth wrong with the hardware.It does have problems in reading gps and it shows battery voltage change all the time.Im turning it back getting a new one my patience is over.Thanks everyone god bless you.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-04-13_[07-58-46].txt
    652.6 KB · Views: 2
Hello everyone.I sent the drone for a replacementand got another one even though it was a 2 month struggle with dji and more than 200$ lost in shipping and customs,Dji is a mess when it comes to aftersale services.Anyway the new mini behaves almost the same meaning that dji has limited something in urban areas or that just maybe there is too much gps interference in my city.Had a test on a nearby hill and got an amazing 4.6km one way, with the help of an antena and gps hack.Thank you everyone.Below the video of my range test

Reactions: ff22
maybe there is too much gps interference in my city

It’s not just problems with GPS in cities WiFi interference is probably a bigger problem limiting the range in urban areas.

It’s not just problems with GPS in cities WiFi interference is probably a bigger problem limiting the range in urban areas.
Yes i agree.However the problem in my city is not range but gps which fluctuates from 12 to 6 in 1 sec and if over 30 meters goes on atti mode(boy thats crazy totally manual only you and the wind no gps, nothing).I will have to test it in another city, i strongly believe there must be a gps reflector or smth in my city as one of the memmbers explained.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78