DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Mini leaked - i guess we will get a drone in 2019 after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they thought of the name ARYA on International Talk Like a Pirate Day? Get it? AR YA! ?‍♂️
Perhaps more like ARYA ready for the Mavic Mini? ARYA? Arya you ready for it? little punk!? Lol! :p

Kind of crazy how it leaks right after the Skydio 2 starting taking orders. This looks like a good one to compare to the Skydio 2.

Kind of crazy how it leaks right after the Skydio 2 starting taking orders. This looks like a good one to compare to the Skydio 2.
really? i'm guessing the mavic mini is going to have very little obstacle avoidance capability whereas the skydio 2 is all about obstacle avoidance.

Reactions: kwilliams6045
really? i'm guessing the mavic mini is going to have very little obstacle avoidance capability whereas the skydio 2 is all about obstacle avoidance.
Well it’s all speculation as to the DJI product... guess we’ll see when it becomes available.

Since the FCC label says Mavic Mini, not sure how it could be anything else.
I like to think that he was assuring someone named Arya that "Mavic Mini" is the model name of the drone.

So much for fake news. Oh well, there will always be haters in this world.

This mavic mini is not going to compete with a higher-end Skydio 2 drone. It won't have the processing power to be able to do as advanced autotrack while avoiding trees etc. Heck the Mavic 2 line doesnt do that yet. If we see a Skydio competitor from DJI it will cost upwards of $999 at launch.

HI GUYS...Excellent news and great spec so I want one NOW !
Sadly I'm in the UK so what are the locations to buy here as soon as they arrive ? cos they will no doubt be USA first !
Can we pre order direct from DJI ?

So much for fake news. Oh well, there will always be haters in this world.

This mavic mini is not going to compete with a higher-end Skydio 2 drone. It won't have the processing power to be able to do as advanced autotrack while avoiding trees etc. Heck the Mavic 2 line doesnt do that yet. If we see a Skydio competitor from DJI it will cost upwards of $999 at launch.
as much as i'd like to avoid dji for good, i'm skeptical about the skydio2 camera... however, i've been pleasantly surprised over and over again on just how much the image processor upgrades do wonders for the output of aging sony camera sensors.
aaaand... if dji is 90% subsidized by the chinese gov as popular rumor goes... the mavic 3 should pack ridiculous features and blow the skydio2 out of the water in terms of value. this makes 2020 exciting.

but what will compete with the mavic mini?

Can we pre order direct from DJI ?
DJI typically allows new consumer drones to be ordered from the DJI Store on the date a new drone is announced. For many people, that's been the fastest way to get new products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC