DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini DJI Mavic Mini: Playing With Transitions

Amckim2084

Reactions
I'm nowhere as good as Sam Kolder when it comes to drone editing but I gave it my best shot with the DJI Mavic Mini and made some transitions based off his style. The second transition didn’t turn out too well for some reason but the other two turned out great. Hope you enjoy!!!

Last edited:
I'm nowhere as good as Sam Kolder when it comes to drone editing but I gave it my best shot with the DJI Mavic Mini and made some transitions based off his style. The second transition didn’t turn out too well for some reason but the other two turned out great. Hope you enjoy!!!

Yes, finally someone who can use creative transitions to good effect! Well done.

Reactions: Amckim2084
I thought both transitions were excellent.
There’s actually 3. First was over the building. It’s so smooth that it’s hard to tell unless you look around the building before it goes over. Second was through the treetop which for some reason the mask didn’t stay against the branch after I saved it.

Reactions: SW_Drone_Guy
Solid transitions! It wasn't until I watched it for the 3rd time that I noticed the 1st one. Well done!
Thanks a lot. I’m quite proud of that first one.

Nice flying and nice transitions! I completely missed the 1st one when I watched it first time too.

Some pretty close passes there?. Was that with the prop cages on or not?

I'm nowhere as good as Sam Kolder when it comes to drone editing but I gave it my best shot with the DJI Mavic Mini and made three transitions based off his style. The second transition didn’t turn out too well for some reason but the other two turned out great. Hope you enjoy!!!

I love it and I love the transitions one thing you could have done was maybe tip the camera up a little though

Nice flying and nice transitions! I completely missed the 1st one when I watched it first time too.

Some pretty close passes there?. Was that with the prop cages on or not?
Thanks. No prop cages. I tend to not like them but I may start using them for certain situations where I don’t have good judgment of distance like the building shot. Going through branches is easier than I thought though if the gap is big enough. Small drone through branches works great if the line of sight is perfect.

I love it and I love the transitions one thing you could have done was maybe tip the camera up a little though
That’s kinda why I tilted low because I couldn’t get good framing to edit the way I wanted. That building was too low and narrow to fill the screen and I was already close enough as it is lol.

Reactions: Jet skier
Very nice! You got me thinking... Now I'll have to go look up Sam Kolder. Thanks, happy flying

That’s kinda why I tilted low because I couldn’t get good framing to edit the way I wanted. That building was too low and narrow to fill the screen and I was already close enough as it is lol.
What editor are you using if you mind me asking

What editor are you using if you mind me asking
I used Adobe After Effects. The framing I was talking about was getting the entire screen filled with the building so that I could do less masking when the background came back into view.

Very nice! You got me thinking... Now I'll have to go look up Sam Kolder. Thanks, happy flying
If you watch him then come back to trash mine, honestly, I wouldn’t blame you haha. He’s that good.

I used Adobe After Effects. The framing I was talking about was getting the entire screen filled with the building so that I could do less masking when the background came back into view.
I totally understand the framing know what you meant very impressive I’m still trying to learn key framing

I totally understand the framing know what you meant very impressive I’m still trying to learn key framing
I have to relearn every time I use it because I use it very rarely lol. When I was out getting my shots, I made the mistake of flying towards the playground and flying under it. Same with a few other things. Spent a couple hours trying to mask every frame and said screw it and went back out to fly the building and through the tree branches. I paid attention to framing after that lol.

I have to relearn every time I use it because I use it very rarely lol. When I was out getting my shots, I made the mistake of flying towards the playground and flying under it. Same with a few other things. Spent a couple hours trying to mask every frame and said screw it and went back out to fly the building and through the tree branches. I paid attention to framing after that lol.
It’s a constant learning experience and that’s half the fun of it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242