DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro 3-Pack Filters by PolarPro - Live Test

GizaDog

Reactions
I bought the new PolarPro filters yesterday. This is the result on starting the craft. I've removed the filter and pushed it back on a few times.

Reactions: MrBerry1994
I've been looking for ND filters for my Mavic since I purchased it, bought a 6-piece set a few weeks ago that instantly gave me a motor overload warning and a gimbal error message, and have been somewhat uncertain exactly which set to buy and from whom ever since. Too often you're not honestly told if the filters are designed to use during Mavic startup and while going through its gimbal procedures, which was the case with the set I purchased as it was advertised as being startup compliant but clearly was not.

Any clarity and first-hand knowledge on the best, optimum ND filters to get that can be left on during he Mavic's startup would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Sctcorolla
I believe its only the Cinema series that pass the gimbal test (these are not those), shoot Jeff an email at PolarPro, he will help you put I'm sure

Stuart

I believe its only the Cinema series that pass the gimbal test (these are not those), shoot Jeff an email at PolarPro, he will help you put I'm sure

Stuart

Thanks for the tip. Will do. I think I just feel safer using a filter set that passes the startup test as it should be more compatible with the Mavic gimbal and motor themselves, at least that's along the lines I am thinking anyhow. I appreciate the quick help.

Reactions: sdemmery
I think if you go the polar pro route you should get the cinema series because you'll need that ND32

I think if you go the polar pro route you should get the cinema series because you'll need that ND32

I do believe you are right about that, DodgeP. I know it's going to cost a little bit more, but that ND32 filter is definitely a necessity to have in one's arsenal. One order for Polar Pro's Cinema Series filters is in store for me. Thanks for the input.

I bought the new PolarPro filters yesterday. This is the result on starting the craft. I've removed the filter and pushed it back on a few times.

Try starting the gimbal initialization when the camera pointed straight.
If that doesn't work shoot me an email, these should go right through start-up,
[email protected]

Jeff

I actually just found the problem, the filter needs to be installed perfectly straight.
You can see it is not seated correctly:
Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 9.27.23 PM.png

Jeff

Ok and can someone chime in on how to use these bad boys? As in I know there is like 8 and 16 and 32. But when do you use each and how to adjust settings?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Ok and can someone chime in on how to use these bad boys? As in I know there is like 8 and 16 and 32. But when do you use each and how to adjust settings?

You really should research the camera functions and available settings to adjust. Otherwise buying a set of filters will just be a waste of money.

You really should research the camera functions and available settings to adjust. Otherwise buying a set of filters will just be a waste of money.

Already familiar with the setting thanks. And yeah I did a little research quickly and they look pretty straight forward:)

Pointless answer, it was a valid question as you could have all of the camera settings fine tuned, but still not understand what different filters do.

Pointless answer, it was a valid question as you could have all of the camera settings fine tuned, but still not understand what different filters do.

That is just your ignorance as my response was not a answer but a suggestion. If there is not a understanding on camera setting tweaking, asking about filter settings is pointless.

If you have exhausted the resources with doing all that you can do with the camera alone, then install a filters and run through all those settings again until you're happy with what you see. In the end, you'll feel like a pro and also understand how you are now much better off then to just stick someone elses tweaks in your setup.

And going by what I posted here above is why not everyone uses the same setups.

Which is where I am coming from. Never used filters before just wanted to know how they worked with the camera. But after brief read through another thread they are very easy to set up thanks guys!

That is just your ignorance as my response was not a answer but a suggestion. If there is not a understanding on camera setting tweaking, asking about filter settings is pointless.

If you have exhausted the resources with doing all that you can do with the camera alone, then install a filters and run through all those settings again until you're happy with what you see. In the end, you'll feel like a pro and also understand how you are now much better off then to just stick someone elses tweaks in your setup.

And going by what I posted here above is why not everyone uses the same setups.

Yup, just my ignorance

Update: I got a response from PolarPro Support. They asked me to test the other filters as I did in this second video.

After they saw that, they are sending me another set of filters.

I'll keep everyone updated on the status.

GizaDog

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31