DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro - How much can it lift? Mavic vs Phantom.

Interesting even though I don't plan on lifting anything. It appears the Mavic is much more stable than the Phantom. I couldn't see where you attached to the Phantom but the landing pads on the Mavic are aft of the center of lift so inherently if there were full thrust on all props it would pitch nose up. Therefore to keep level it has to reduce thrust on the forward props. Also if you attach to just one landing pad it would also slightly reduce thrust on both props on the other side. If you could rig a bridle that put the load about under the forward sonic sensor you should be able to get a little more lift. I am glad the Phantom survived as the crash look awful dramatic.

I am experimenting with lift capability of some of the new 360 cameras. I have successfully controlled the Mavic Pro with a piggy back Giroptic360. It handled very well on top. Putting the camera on the bottom would block the sensors even though it seemed like a better idea to lower the center of gravity. I was pleased to find the test above because it seemed like I could mount a 1 pound VUZE camera which I do not have yet.

I tested this in calm and gusty wind at up to 90 ft and had no problem. I ran the test for 10 minutes beginning with only 40 % battery left so the battery drain seemed normal.

Giroptic360 on Mavic Pro.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom