DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic PRO & PRO Platinum Upgrade Propellers - x4 - JET BLACK - Master Airscrew

Not yet. Any feedback would be great
Have used Masterairscrew before on Gopro Karma and they have nailed it.

I'm personally very hesitant to use non DJI props, since there have been reports of off brand failures near the hub. These could be wonderful, but with a 4 prop drone, if one breaks the flying stops. The tips remind me of the Mavic 2 props, so with the tips curled up they may be quieter than original. I also use the Platinum props on mine, which are a little quieter. If you decide to try them I be interested in hearing your experience.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Just ordered mine. They may be the only part on this thing Made in USA.

Right :) I love those props already. The best purchase I have made for a long time now. Got both orange and white :)

Are they quieter than dji props?
I just emailed Master Airscrew to ask them what I should expect from these. Waiting for a reply. I got the boring black ones for now.
Yes, they are a bit quieter with nice lower tone sound pitch. Haven't measured the dB (though I should try that).

Got them today. Did a brief hover test at 100ft. I found the RPMs lower than MPP props. MPPs ran about 490-530rpm and these run about 440-480rpm.

Started to rain so couldn't do speed test or time at hover.

Can't really say they are quieter, however my hearing is subpar. Larger blades for sure, with upticked blades. And very shiny finish.

These look legit, just be careful buying from Ebay or Amazon. You don't want any cheap knock offs. An alternative is to buy the Platinum blades direct from DJI. Don't look for the cheapest... Ever have a prop fly off? It's a violent crash. It flips over and slams into the ground. I buy OEM as much as possible. I did get the Platinum props and really like them. I only have 1 set original if I go through 2 sets of the Platinum's.. ha. I also bought a set of the carbon fiber blades that are modeled after the Platinum's quieter ones... didn't like them and I don't trust them. I had some vibration during "Precise take off". Then when I ran it out about 150 ft at 12ft altitude and let go of the sticks, it seemed to drop 2-3 feet every time.They are SUPER STIFF compared to OEM parts.

I bought them directly from the company after talking to them on the phone. I have 4 or 5 sets of Platinum props and they are fine. I am not a DJI purist. There products are no better than most. I could elaborate but won't. Anyway, so far these are operating as stated. Only the first day of course. I'm about to fly an fairly long litchi mission with them. I expect good results. I fly on average 3 to 4 times a day, every day, weather permitting. So I'll know soon how they perform.

Got them today. Did a brief hover test at 100ft. I found the RPMs lower than MPP props. MPPs ran about 490-530rpm and these run about 440-480rpm...
Some (myself included) have experienced gimbal shake errors after using the MPP props on their MP. It was caused by the MPP props being more efficient and the Mavic not compensating properly for them. Since these props get the same lift with fewer RPM's you may get the Gimbal error. This video explains how the low noise props can cause gimbal vibrations and how adjusting the gain settings can fix it. It worked for me using the low-noise props on my MP.

Some (myself included) have experienced gimbal shake errors after using the MPP props on their MP. It was caused by the MPP props being more efficient and the Mavic not compensating properly for them. Since these props get the same lift with fewer RPM's you may get the Gimbal error. This video explains how the low noise props can cause gimbal vibrations and how adjusting the gain settings can fix it. It worked for me using the low-noise props on my MP.
Didn't notice any shaking? But good tip and thank you! I will pay more attention moving forward.

Didn't notice any shaking? But good tip and thank you! I will pay more attention moving forward.
Mine did not until flying on a windy day. I guess my MP was trying harder than it needed to maintain stability. Haven't seen it again after adjusting gain.

Mine did not until flying on a windy day. I guess my MP was trying harder than it needed to maintain stability. Haven't seen it again after adjusting gain.
After looking closer, I find you were correct! I noticed it doing a lot of correcting. It may have done it with the MPP blades, but never really paid attention? It never showed up on videos. Anyway, I adjusted the pitch and roll to 96, vertical to 98,(because I noticed it gaining about a foot in altitude), yaw was already set to 90. Not sure why? Anyway its much steadier than before.
I thank you for the information!

I may have set the yaw down a year ago for smoother panning? Not sure since I havent used DJIGO4 in ages!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo