DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro Real World Orders

I never owned a drone.. I pulled the trigger on the Mavic, after over year talking/thinking about getting a drone.. I came close to getting the Karma, but then the Mavic came out and i just got went for it.. So I think I'm a typically first drone owner..
Might be a good idea to get a cheap toy drone to practice with before you fly your Mavic for the first time. I had a Syma x5c that was a learning quad and is very durable. All my crashes and running into trees and fly aways were on the $45 quad.. The Phantom 3 has been rock solid and amazing. Glad I did a bit of learning on the cheapo though...

My cousin has a P3A and I have two friends that are contemplating either the Karma or the Mavic. We are all into tech/cars/photography etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

My cousin has a P3A and I have two friends that are contemplating either the Karma or the Mavic. We are all into tech/cars/photography etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I agonized over this decision, in fact did a quick video explaining why chose the Mavic - not sure if this helps..

FYI - This video isn't a technical review, more of a understanding of my personal decision

Last edited:
You should see the plus side of $50k planes, helis and multis hanging up in my shop.

The Mavic is one of the cheap ones.
Exactly, most people think I'm crazy.. I'm getting the P5 too.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer

If I had no cameras I would get the Karma. The video from the Hero 5 will be nice I'm certain and this allows you to do everything. Can essentially scuba, bike, and fly all with one Cam.

The Mavic is the best aerial platform. So it comes down to what is most important.

Dear Customers,

DJI is pleased to let you know we’ve begun shipping the Mavic Pro starting today.

As we told you earlier this week, demand is heavy, and we are working round the clock to get the Mavic Pro in your hands. Please check online for updates on your order status.

We thank you for showing such enthusiasm for our technology and look forward to having you flying as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Adam Najberg

Global Director of Communication

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Great news! Just checked my order, still shows as not shipped. Hope people post as soon as they get it so I can have an idea of when I'll get mine.

I'm hoping since I'm getting this via a 3rd party dealer that I'm higher on the list than DJI direct.. as I ordered on 9/29 - two days after the announcement..

Pretty soon this thread will go silent, we will be out there flying our new cameras! Won't see the wife and kids for a long while with my Fly More Combo.

Reactions: Rick
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair