DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Mini 2 - Activation Problem

netsonic

Reactions
Bought my new Mini 2 from a local retailer 3 hours ago and put it to charge when I got home. It charged already all 3 batteries one in the mini and 2 in the hub. Then I've attempted to activate it.

Here it started to get funny:
  • The drone did pair with the controller, however the Fly App did only display Aircraft not connected to controller. Funny thing is that it detected if the SD card was inserted or not, but nothing else, no serial displayed, no battery info and heck no message asking me if I wanted to activate it.
  • Tried first the DJI assistant, connected the remote and performed an update to the latest available firmware v02.00.1100.
  • Then connected the Aircraft and it only displayed the option to save the Logs, no firmware update. At this point I was thinking of returning it. All other DJI drones that I have work just fine, did activate from the first attempt and this one is a dud :)
How I resolved it
I did update to DJI Fly 2 days ago and only had version 1.1.10 installed. Honestly I did not think that this might be any issue, however I decided to give it a try and uninstall it and then reinstall from the play store. It did install DJI Fly version 1.2.0

Bingo ! This did the trick. The Fly App first asked for my DJI login details and then it asked to activate the craft, what I did. As expected it then performed the firmware update to version v01.01.000

If you are like me a multi user of DJI Mini's and Air 2, and experience activation errors with your Mini 2, you might want to try to uninstall and reinstall the latest version of the Fly App.

Now as for the RCA.. My guess is that it's related to this small but important info in the release notes
Added support for DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller. The DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller can be used withDJI Mini 2 as well as Mavic Air 2 (requires DJI Fly v.1.2.0 or later)

Correct. The version of Fly app compatible with MM2 was released Tuesday, but might not have shown up for you in Play/Store until yesterday.

Thanks for posting this - I have looked everywhere for an answer to my simple question, which is "can I activate a second drone in my DJI Fly app?" Appears from your post that the answer is yes. As long as the app version recognizes the model of drone you are trying to activate. I'm receiving a Mini 2 today to replace my Mini, which I sold yesterday. The Mini is still active in my Fly app and I 'm wondering if I should delete it before adding the Mini 2? If so, how? At any rate, I will know the answers by the end of the day!

Cheers.

Thanks for posting this - I have looked everywhere for an answer to my simple question, which is "can I activate a second drone in my DJI Fly app?" Appears from your post that the answer is yes. As long as the app version recognizes the model of drone you are trying to activate. I'm receiving a Mini 2 today to replace my Mini, which I sold yesterday. The Mini is still active in my Fly app and I 'm wondering if I should delete it before adding the Mini 2? If so, how? At any rate, I will know the answers by the end of the day!

Cheers.
Hi, how did you get on. im in the same position now, sold the Mavic Mini few days ago and just received my new Mini 2. Obviously my old drone Mavic Mini is still registered on my DJI Fly app. Shall I delete the app and reinstall.? thanx in advance bro..

No need. You can use as many drones as you want.

Fly isn't exactly "registered" with any particular drone, but it does keep flight logs for any you've flown.

Hi, how did you get on. im in the same position now, sold the Mavic Mini few days ago and just received my new Mini 2. Obviously my old drone Mavic Mini is still registered on my DJI Fly app. Shall I delete the app and reinstall.? thanx in advance bro..
I updated my app before connecting the new Mini 2 and had no problems - the app recognized the new UA and asked if I wanted to activate it. It was all downhill from there. Flew the drone 10 minutes after hitting the power button and all was well. All the old log data from the Mini 1 is still in the app, but so what? Enjoy your new drone!

I updated my app before connecting the new Mini 2 and had no problems - the app recognized the new UA and asked if I wanted to activate it. It was all downhill from there. Flew the drone 10 minutes after hitting the power button and all was well. All the old log data from the Mini 1 is still in the app, but so what? Enjoy your new drone!
You had me worried as I read "it was all downhill from there". That can also be read that things got worse.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000