DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 crash and repair

justcallmebob

Reactions
Hello.
So my Mini 2 had the tiniest low level crash ever from about 1 foot on landing... Nipped and obstacle, flipped and broke it's rear arm.

I've purchased a genuine used arm from a donor mini 2 which appears perfectly ok.
Fitted it, calibrated imu and compass and tried a manual lift off.
It idles ok on the ground but as soon as you give it a bit of revs the replaced arm seems under powered and the drone wants to...and does flip over that leg.
The props are correct and arms appear aligned.
Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks
Bob

Two guesses,
1) I believe you can reverse the direction of the motor's rotation if you reverse two of the connections of the motor wiring to the ESC board. From memory the connection points on the board are labelled with abbreviations of their wire's colour, check the connections are correct.

2) it seems you may be aware of this but, just in case I misunderstand you, .... check whether you have fitted new blades to the new arm and used the wrong handed blades. There are clockwise and anti clockwise blades. Put the wrong ones on a motor and the blades are pushing the motor DOWN.

Hello YP
Not sure about the wiring suggestion as I've matched the colours to the board and as per the original RBW but I will certainly look at the rotor direction.

The blades are 100% a to a and b to b.
I've cross checked so many times even though I know they are correct.
It's as if the replaced arm isn't recieving the instruction to increase speed even though it is starting up and shutting down properly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest