DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 drop out sky

Slup, do you think it lost a prop, if so do you know which one?

Recon it's not enough to just turn over that single arm... as that was the only thing you could find 😁
Good point, I suppose they want the main body or at least the majority of it or enough to possibly identify it to some extent.

Oh wait, I do have DJI care refresh. I hope this is enough to cover it.
Nope ... it's the same there, in general, nothing to turn in no Care Refresh either.

That is if you have not the FlyAway addon ...

Last edited:
Slup, do you think it lost a prop, if so do you know which one?
Nothing in the log suggests that. And what's shown in the vid doesn't look like a single motor/prop failure either ... it's lacking that initial major pitch/roll movement that's rather typical for a thrust loss in one corner.

Reactions: MP010
I can't find the flight log for the CSC flight so I have just done another. See the attached which is the text version of the edited csv of the flight.
I used tripod mode to mimimise speeds. The CSC response was set to ANYTIME.
I used a Mavic Mini because I can read the logs with CsvView

Attachments

• Mavic Mini_CSC for posting.txt
    8.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:
dji replace my mini 1, after a battery power loss while flying, and i couldn´t recover the aircraft cause it lost power while it was at 250 mts. we sent the fly log, video of the fly path and the last videos of the flight.
A rare exception ... they don't have too according to the terms & they usually don't. But have seen them honor it a couple times when the mobile device logs without a doubt have proved a manufacturing fault & that the drone isn't recoverable.

In this case the OP shut off the motors him self ... over water.

A rare exception ... they don't have too according to the terms & they usually don't. But have seen them honor it a couple times when the mobile device logs without a doubt have proved a manufacturing fault & that the drone isn't recoverable.

oh man, they won't replace anything if is OP fault.

In post 28 I should have said, for anyone that wants to look at the data in the attachment, down load the file to a computer then change the extension from ".txt" to ".csv" and then open the csv as a spreadsheet.

Hi, just got a response back from DJI. They will handle it as a fly away case so I can get a new mini 2 for 229 euro. A hard lesson and I will never ever put the setting on ‘always’ again. Although I remain with my conclusion that the CSC command is dangouresly simple to accidently activate midair when the setting is on ‘always’.

Hi, just got a response back from DJI. They will handle it as a fly away case so I can get a new mini 2 for 229 euro. A hard lesson and I will never ever put the setting on ‘always’ again. Although I remain with my conclusion that the CSC command is dangouresly simple to accidently activate midair when the setting is on ‘always’.
I am glad that this worked out so 'well for you'.
Personally I think the current set up is a bad one. More so because some pilots fly in the belief that issuing the CSC command WILL stop the motors, as it did in earlier drones.

I was fortunate in that I thought the wording of the relevant section of the manual was strange and I looked into how it worked.

The current situation means that, in the default mode, the decision of whether or not the motors stop is not the pilot's, that is a bad thing in my opinion. But, as you found out, the delay in the Anytime mode is too short and it is too easy to accidentally trigger.......but........ I do think you should have been aware of what you? were doing when you? switched the response from the default to Anytime.

As to why this set up exists, with the default mode 'not' stopping the motors, I suspect that DJI took note of the complaints of customers with the set up used in earlier drones where mid air shut downs were triggered by accident although the "delay" period was longer. I think it is around 5 seconds with the Phantom 3 Adv. I believe they introduced a different set up with the Phantom 4's and that the change was made via an update.
Inevitably not everyone will agree with whatever way the CSC operation is implemented, so a manufacturer can never please "all of the people all of the time" in this respect.

Last edited by a moderator:
My thinking regarding the CSC timing, & when the pilot go for Anytime...

In an emergency when thing's rapidly goes haywire the pilot will be in a time consuming decision phase ... well aware of that something really bad soon will/can happen (crashing into or down to something they absolutely want to avoid). But at the same time panicked trying to save their expensive drone right up to the end (consuming up the time they have to avoid that disastrous crash by shutting of the motors ). When they eventually realizing that their drone, now going in full speed, can't be saved & they need to ditch it NOW ... a longer delay than pretty much instantaneously, will be too long.

So if flying in an environment where a crash (into or onto) can be considered to be VERY critical ... & therefore the pilot chose CSC Anytime, the pilot should be aware of what they just have decided & needs/wants a quick shut down.

In all other cases where the drone itself only are at stake ... the setting Emergency should be the default and preferred.

Very nice!! Just as I suggested they would do in post #27:
"They may offer you a discount on a replacement and your Care Refresh would remain intact until its original expiration date."
:)Thumbswayup
Also, your new Mini 2 will have full, 1-year factory warranty...and you can purchase Care Refresh Plus which will give you another year added onto your current Care Refresh plan (one additional replacement). Read all about it here.

Good luck!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000